Benefits of Chamomile
Chamomile is a traditional flowering plant of daisy family, originated from Asia, Europe and Australia that is used for various health and beauty purposes. In ancient times, this plant was used for medicinal purpose. This herb blooms with a yellow-white flower during summers. Usually chamomile tea is made from this chamomile flower. It has a fruity flavor and is used for various medicinal reasons. It cures health-related concerns such as stomach disorders, mouth ulcers, anxiety, and more.
Health benefits of Chamomile
- Chamomile has antispasmodic properties which ease muscle spasms and pains. The anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile tea help in treating stomach cramps. It also prevents gas and stomach bloating.
- You can get relieved from irritable bowel problems, gastroenteritis, and menstrual cramps by drinking chamomile tea twice every day. Since it increases the glycerine level, it reduces spasms.
- Chamomile is said to boost immunity level, because of its antibacterial properties. It prevents and treats common cold and cough. It protects the body against infections and various microbes.
- Chamomile tea helps in maintaining the body’s blood glucose level.
- Externally, chamomile tea can be used to treat rashes and skin allergies. All you need to do is dip some cotton into cold chamomile tea and gently apply all over the allergic areas.
- Chamomile tea can be used to get relief from headaches and migraines.
- It promotes sleep and so is a good remedy for sleep disorders and insomnia.
Beauty benefits of Chamomile
- Chamomile tea has loads of antioxidants and is an effective skin care ingredient.
- It has amazing cleansing, and moisturising properties. You can use chamomile tea as a skin moisturiser as well.
- It is natural skin bleach and helps in lightening skin tone.
- It tightens the pores and treats face acne, scares and blemishes.
- It has excellent cooling properties and so it can be used for treating eye puffiness and under eye dark circles.
- The chamomile also can be mixed with milk powder for using as a scrub. It removes dead and dry skins efficiently.
- Having a tint of golden shade, this chamomile tea can be used as a natural hair colour. It brightens blond hairs. Just rinse your hair with this and see the difference.
- It also prevents dandruff and scalp problems.
How to brew Chamomile Tea at Home
Chamomile flowers – few
Lemon or Honey
- Pour some boiling water into tea pot.
- Add apple slices and mash them well.
- Wash the chamomile flowers and add them to the boiling water.
- Cover the tea pot and let it steep for few minutes.
- Strain the brewed tea and spice it up with lemon juice or honey, as preferred.
Consuming this flavored chamomile tea can be refreshing for your body. Have you tried it? Share us in the comments.