Benefits of Oolong Tea for Health | Namhah Tea
Tea is indeed a refreshing beverage. While there are so many types of teas available, here is something that the world is raving about – Oolong Tea. This is a traditional Chinese tea known as wu long. What makes it different is that it is semi-fermented. Unlike the traditional black teas and green teas, this oolong tea has a unique taste quite distinct from others. There are so many reasons why oolong tea is getting popular among the masses. But before peeping into the benefits, let us know some facts and background about the much-raved oolong tea.
What Is Oolong Tea?
The scientific name of Oolong tea is Camellia sinensis, which is the same family as green tea and black tea. However, the difference between these teas lies in the way they are processed. While Green tea is unoxidized and black tea is fully oxidized, oolong tea hits the sweet spot between them making it quite distinct. It is semi-oxidized as the leaves are allowed to oxidize only for a shorter period of time.
Some Facts about Oolong tea:
- Oolong tea is commonly grown in Taiwan, Fujian, and Guangdong.
- The best seasons to purchase oolong tea is spring and autumn
- Oolong tea contains Caffeine, catechins, flavonol, polyphenol, vitamin C & E, carotene and few minerals such as zinc, selenium and florin. It has moderate levels of catechin as the oxidation rate is 10%-70%.
- There are few more popular varieties such as Tie guan yin, Da hongpao, and Phoenix tea.
- Oolong tea is clear and fragrant, besides being strong and refreshing in its taste.
Benefits of Oolong Tea:
Before coming to the benefits of oolong tea, there is a question lingering in your minds! Is oolong tea good for you? The answer is a definite ‘yes’. There are numerous health benefits of oolong tea.
For heart health: Oolong tea reduces cholesterol levels, and thus lowers the risk of heart attacks. Research has proven that drinking 1 to 6 cups of oolong tea per week lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Weight loss: One of the foremost benefits of oolong tea is weight loss. Drinking oolong tea aids in increasing body metabolism and thus benefits weight loss. Not only in weight loss but also has long-term benefits of fighting obesity and reduction in fat.
Skin health: The presence of polyphenols in oolong tea leaves eradicates the free radicals from our body by reducing the conversion of skin lipids, which are essential for vibrant looking skin. It thus slows down the aging process.
High antioxidants: Since oolong tea is rich in antioxidants, it significantly lowers the risk of several cancers, particularly, ovarian and pancreatic cancer
Prevents diabetes: Oolong tea can help reverse diabetes naturally. With Type 2 diabetes being a metabolic disorder caused by insulin resistance and high blood sugar. Drinking this tea continuously for a month might help prevent diabetes by decreasing blood glucose levels significantly.
Apart from that, oolong tea also helps prevent bone loss, supports healthy brain and cognitive function, decreases inflammation, and more.
Studies and research regarding oolong tea are still on the go and more benefits are yet to be discovered.
How to Prepare Oolong Tea:
Preparation of oolong tea is simple and easy. Here is how you can do:
- Boil some water in a kettle. Warm your tea set.
- Now add 2 Gms of oolong tea leaves per cup or one tea bag for 2 cups tea. Put them in the teapot
- Now start pouring the boiling water into the teapot.
- When there are white floating bubbles forming on the top, gently push away.
- Cover the teapot for some time and let it steep for 3-5 minutes
- Now your fresh oolong tea is ready to drink.
You can consume oolong tea either hot or cold.
- To make cold oolong tea, just use normal water to steep and then chill the tea for a couple of hours.
Just savor the aroma and rich taste of oolong tea.
If preferred, you can also fancy up your regular oolong tea as Oolong Iced Tea Lemonade, Oolong Iced Tea, Creamy Oolong Chai Iced Tea or more recipes of your choice.
If you are loving to taste this oolong tea, you can get them at www.namhah.com
Namhah promotes the legacy of the Indian culture bringing to you the rarest and the finest teas in its most natural form. Straight from the elite gardens in India, these teas are most often handpicked and taken utmost care in production/packaging to achieve impeccable perfection and exclusivity. From the unyielding flavor of Black tea to the delicate aftertaste of the Oolong, every sip of Namhah tea can enchant your senses.
Experience the special taste, aroma and color of teas from the houses of Namhah Teas.
They have a wide variety of teas in differed added flavors. I have been using their Black Tea and Rose Oolong Tea for a month time and very much satisfied. The tea is truly refreshing and tasty with a rich aroma.
Want to buy Namhah Tea online? Here are their online stores.
You can also reach them at the postal address below:
House Number 68, GMCH ROAD,