Benefits of Using Frankincense
It was a tradition to use Frankincense in every religious and household practice. There are so many reasons for using frankincense for its medicinal, health, mental, and spiritual benefits. In the ancient days, it was used during religious prayers and was greatly hailed for its medicinal value. Frankincense or so-called Sambirani in Tamil belongs to the Boswellia serrate plant family. Frankincense is taken from the frankincense tree resin which gets hard once dried up. There are also other varieties and grades of frankincense depending on its quality and tree. Nowadays, you can get frankincense in the form of incense sticks and oil. Frankincense oil is the latest trend and is used for various purposes, right from skin to hair care. It also has many other health benefits. Benefits of using frankincense are many and here we have some of them for you.
For Hair care
- Frankincense has the ability to strengthen your hair roots. It also protects against hair loss.
- It is beneficial to treat ingrown hairs after shaving. For this, you have to use frankincense oil mixed with cocoa butter and tea tree oil as an aftershave treatment.
- Frankincense is an essential oil and has to be mixed with carrier oil like castor oil to reap the benefits. It has excellent moisturizer for hair follicles and it promotes healthy scalp. It improves your hair growth.
- Frankincense sticks can be used for hair steaming. It can be powdered to use as a smoke producing ingredients. This is traditionally used for hair drying and steaming. The incense and hot smoke from frankincense benefits the hair strands in the long run.
For Skin care
- Frankincense is an excellent moisturized for oily to normal skin people. You can mix few drops of frankincense oil with lemongrass seed oil or apricot seed oil. You can also dilute it with a carrier oil to be used as a moisturizer.
- It lifts and tones your skin to prevent anti-aging. It also helps in removing wrinkles and stretch marks.
- During aromatherapy, it can be used as a bath-soak. A hot bath with frankincense oil can help you relive from stress and anxiety. This is the reason it is used during religious practices to get the spiritual connection.
- It is a natural deodorizer for household purposes. It disinfects the room and reduces indoor pollution.
- Frankincense improves blood circulation and relives from inflammation and joint pains. It also decreases muscle aches.
- Frankincense is a natural remedy for cold and cough. The anti-inflammatory of the oil helps in clearing the nasal passages and provides relief for respiratory problems.
- The frankincense oil is an effective remedy for PMS cramps and stomach aches. It also relives from indigestion and constipation. You can mix 1-2 drops pure frankincense oil to a table spoon of honey or 200 ml of water.
- Frankincense is effective for oral health. The antibacterial properties help in relieving from bad breath and other gum diseases. You can use 2-3 drops of frankincense oil with lukewarm water for gargling.
Now that you have known the benefits of frankincense for health and beauty. Try this gift of nature’s resin and let us know how it worked.