Besan Flour Face Packs for Skin Care
Besan or chickpea powder or gram flour is a common traditional beauty ingredient in Indian beauty treatments. It has been used since ages because of its skin care benefits. Besan’s beauty benefits are lesser known to the world. It is extensively used during special occasions and during pre-wedding grooming to add a glow. It is best when mixed with curd or turmeric. Besan is usually suitable for all skin types and does not have any harmful effects. Moreover, the not-so-overpowering nature of besan flour makes it a best choice of face pack that can be used even daily. Here are few amazing besan face packs that give your skin the needed glow and fairness.
Besan-Turmeric Fairness pack
Turmeric – 1 tbsp
Besan (gram flour) – 1 tbsp
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Milk – as required
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- You can adjust the milk used for getting the paste like consistency. If you have very dry skin, you can use curd as a substitute for milk.
- Apply the paste onto your face for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water.
Besan Powder Pack for Glowing Skin
Gram flour (or besan) – ¼ cup
Red lentils – 1 cup
Oatmeal or oats – ½ cup
Almonds – 8-9
Raw rice – ¼ cup
Turmeric – a pinch
- Take raw rice, red lentils, and oatmeal in a mixer and grind until it gets finely powdered.
- Grind almonds separately and mix with the other powdered ingredients
- Now mix besan flour into this powder.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder into it.
- You can store this powder and use it occasionally. If preferred you can also use soaked almonds paste instead of almond powder.
- Mix with milk or rose water and make it a paste.
- Apply it on your face and gently massage. This will be an excellent exfoliation.
- Wash it off with cold water. You can use this as a face pack or as a face wash daily.
Sandalwood powder – 1 tbsp
Gram flour – 1 tbsp
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Raw Milk – as needed
Rose Water – as needed
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a paste.
- Apply it on face for 20 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water.
Besan and Nuts pack
Almonds, cashews, pistachios – 10-15 pieces each
Flaxseed powder – 1 tbsp
Rice powder – 1 tbsp
Dried orange peel – 1 tsp
Saffron – a pinch
Sweet almond oil – few drops
- Grind the nuts separately and take in a bowl.
- Now mix flaxseed and rice powder into it.
- Add dried orange peel and saffron to it.
- Mix it with almond oil or honey to form a paste.
- Apply this scrub paste on the face and leave for some time.
- Wash it off. This is an excellent remedy for moisturizing your skin.
There are so many amazing face packs you can try with besan flour. We will keep updating more. Stay connected. If you knew any packs, leave us a comment.