Bitter Gourd Juice for Weight Loss
Bitter Gourd, which is scientifically called Momordica Charantia, is a nutrition-loaded vegetable. This Indian-origin vegetable is highly regarded for its health benefits and medicinal values. This vine has a very bitter taste, which is the reason for its medicinal properties. There are two varieties with pale green and dark green. The raw form bitter gourd juice is highly advantageous for health, as it contains all kinds of essential vitamins and antioxidants. Bitter gourd is used to treat stomach problems and is usually soaked well in either olive oil or honey to make the bitter gourd dish palatable. The bitter gourd juice contains so many health benefits, particularly for weight loss.
Bitter Gourd Juice
Bitter gourd – 5
Lemon – 1
Honey – 1 tbsp.
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp.
Ginger – 1 pinch
- Chop bitter gourd into pieces after scooping out the seeds and peeling the outer flesh.
- If you want reduce the bitterness of the juice and make palatable, you can soak the pieces for 30 minutes in salt water or lemon juice.
- Now add the bitter gourd pieces into a blender.
- Add lemon juice and ginger. Blend well.
- Finally add honey and black pepper to the juice.
- Blend again until smooth.
- Place a strainer or cheesecloth over a bowl and pour the bitter gourd juice into it.
- Remove the solid pieces of the bitter gourd and press well to squeeze out and extract as much juice as possible.
- Bitter gourd juice is ready to drink. You can chill it for few hours before drinking.
You have to drink this bitter gourd juice in empty stomach.
Since bitter gourd has anthelmintic or antihelminthic compounds, it is good for treating various gastrointestinal diseases. Moreover, it kills toxic substances and parasites in the stomach, improving your overall health. Even for persons with diabetes, Bitter Gourd Juice is a great remedy to increase insulin level in the body. The presence of a compound called charantin helps to keep the blood glucose levels lower and controls body sugar levels.
Benefits for Weight Loss
Since bitter gourd is low in fat, carbohydrates, and calories, it increases satiety and keeps you fuller for longer time. This way, it can fit easily in your weight loss plan. The extracts of bitter gourd helps dislocate the human fat cells and also hinders the formation/growth of new fat cells. Studies conclude that bitter gourd is a natural way to treat obesity.
Try out this bitter gourd juice and share us your experience.