DIY Homemade Body Lotion
Body lotions have become a part of our daily skin care. A body lotion is something that helps your moisturize and hydrate your body skin. Whatever you put on skin has its effect on health. With harmful chemicals and parabens, some skin care products can harm when used in the long run. In that case, using natural products are the best bet. There are so many organic skincare products available in the market. However, doing the same at home can be a different experience. Getting the ingredients all by yourself and blending them into a body lotion can be heart-satisfying. So, if you are one among the persons, wishing to try DIY homemade body lotion, here is a recipe with natural ingredients. Try out and let us know.
Homemade Body Lotion
Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
Olive oil – ¼ cup
Shea butter – 1 tbsp
Beeswax – 1 tbsp
Peppermint essential oil – 5 drops
Lavender essential oil – 10 drops
Frankincense essential oil – 8 to 10 drops
Direction to use
- Take ¼ cup of olive oil and then add Shea butter, beeswax, and coconut oil into it.
- Mix them well and put that cup in a pan with water.
- Now put the pan on a stove and heat it until all the ingredients blend well.
- Stir continuously and then remove it from the heat.
- Now add all the above essential oils to this mixture and mix them well for about two minutes.
- Use a hand mixer or electric mixer to mix them, so that you will get a creamier consistency.
- Put them into an air tight container and apply it whenever you want.
- Apply this body lotion all over your face and body.
The ingredients used in this homemade body lotion holds various beauty benefits. Beeswax is an excellent skin healing ingredient. It helps lock in moisture and prevents the skin from getting dry. It also helps rebuild damaged skin cells as it holds emollient rich vitamin A. It is comedogenic and so does not clog pores. Shea butter provides a hydrating skin-glowing benefit. It also boosts collagen in the skin. Essential oils provide a relaxing effect to skin and body. Last but not the least, coconut oil is an all-cure beauty ingredient that does wonders to skin care.
So, with all these ingredients, this DIY homemade body lotion is sure to benefit your skin care routine. Try it out.