DIY Homemade Mouth Freshener
Bad breath is one common oral problem. This is caused by increases odor causing bacteria and decreased saliva production. It can also be a result of some sort of stomach issues. Whatever the reason is, having a bad breath is uncomfortable and awkward. Usually, we keep chewing some gums, tic tacs, or use mints to get a fresh breath occasionally. But mouth fresheners are great way to combat bad breath. They are conveniently-sized and are effective to give relief for ‘that’ odor problem. A little spray into your mouth can freshen up the breath. But when you use commercial mouth fresheners, have you ever thought of what you are spraying into your mouth? This is why homemade mouth freshener is preferred.
When you have bad breath problem, mouth freshener becomes a daily essential. Here we have a post on easy homemade mouth freshener DIY. This will not only help you get rid of bad breath, but also improves your digestion. The ingredients in this homemade mouth freshener are easy to get and can alleviate the problem anytime handy. It contains no preservatives or chemicals and you can choose ingredients, according to your need.
DIY Mouth Freshener
Clove powder – ½ tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
Dried ginger powder – 1 tsp
Carom seeds – 1 tbsp
Flax seeds – 1 tbsp
Cardamom seeds – 2 tbsp
Carom seeds – 1 tbsp
Melon seeds – 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds – ¼ cup
Coriander seeds – ¼ cup
White sesame seeds – ¼ cup
Sugar candy (misri) – as required
Direction to use
- Take a fry pan and put some fennel seeds into it. Now dry roast it for about five minutes in a low flame and put them in a bowl.
- Now add coriander seeds into the pan and roast it for about 4 minutes and add it into the roasted fennel seeds.
- Take coconut shreds and dry roast it on low heat until it turns brown in color and put it into the above mixture.
- Put carom seeds in the pan and dry roast it for about 4 minutes and put it into the mixture.
- Take some sesame seeds and dry roast it for about 5 minutes. Add it into the above mixture.
- Add flax seeds and dry roast it on low heat for 5 to 6 minutes and then put them into the mixture.
- Put some melon seeds into the pan and dry roast it for about 5 minutes then fuse in the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well using spoon and then add dried ginger powder, clove, cardamom seeds, and cinnamon powder, into it.
- Now mix well and then finally add some sugar candy into it.
- Your homemade mouth freshener is ready. Now store this in an airtight container and use it for up to 6 months. Put it in a cool, dry place.
- Take one or two teaspoons of this mouth freshener and eat it after your meals or eat it whenever you want to fresh your mouth.
A Word for Care
Avoid sulfide-rich foods such as onion, garlic, and ginger during night times and other special occations and dating days.
Avoid protein-rich foods at night as it can cause the anaerobic bacteria to stay in mouth for a longer time with the leftovers.
How this Homemade Mouth Freshener ingredients Benefits
- Cardamom helps eliminate the foul odor from mouth and aids in digestion. It also relieves problems like stomach bloating and flatulence.
- Cinnamon stimulates the digestive system and inhibits the growth of bacteria in mouth. It is also a natural food preservative. [Know more: Cinnamon and Health Benefits ]
- Clove has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties to heal mouth infections.
- Fennel seeds are aromatic with excellent antimicrobial properties that fight bacterial and fungal problems.
- Flax seeds has nutty flavor that is great for eliminating bad breath. [Know more: Health Benefits of Flax Seeds and Tips for using it]
- Sesame seeds are good for digestion. [Know more: Benefits of Eating Sesame Seeds]
Overall, you can try this at home for greater benefit of your health and oral care.