DIY Refreshing Cucumber Face Spray
There are so many ways you can pamper your skin. Mostly, during hot climates, your skin is sure to get tired and dull easily. To combat skin problems, it is essential to work on your skin. Toners and face mists are the best summer essentials. Not only for summer, but can be used during any climate. Even when you are at work, a refreshing face spray can make all the difference. Having a chilled face spray handy at home can do wonders to your tired, dull face. However, your Forest Essentials and The Body Shop facial sprays are sure to punch a hole on your pocket, if you keep using them daily. Moreover, they are full of chemical fragnance and alcohol, which might be harmful to your skin. In that case, you can make your own DIY refreshing cucumber face spray at home easily. Scroll down to read the post for more information about this amazing face spray.
Benefits of Cucumber Face Spray
Cucumber has excellent skin-calming properties. It is also packed with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) Retinol, pantothenic acid, vitamin K, and silica, which gives a soothing effect to skin. Moreover, the essential nutrients in cucumber hydrates your skin. The face spray reduces melanin production and builds collagen. It tones and softens your skin, while delivering a cooling effect.
Aloe vera has soothing effect on skin, as well as improved blood circulation and skin elasticity.
Lemon is a natural exfoliator and prevents acne and excess oil/sebum production on skin. It makes your skin rejuvenated with its invigorating refreshing properties, giving a soft, smooth skin.
Rose water has hydrating properties to rejuvenate the skin. It is also a mild astringent that removes excess oil and balances the skin’s pH level. It is an effective skin revitalizer, and helps reduce any skin redness. You ultimately get a soft and smooth, glowing skin.
Refreshing Cucumber Face Spray
Cucumber – 1
Aloe vera gel – 1 tsp
Lemon – ½
Rose water – tbsp
Essential oils – optional
Direction to use
- Take one fresh cucumber and cut them into small chunks.
- Put those chunks into mixer jar and blend it into a pulp.
- Strain it well using a white cloth and squeeze it out to extract juice from it.
- Instead of throwing out the cucumber pulp you can use it as a natural face mask.
- Take fresh lemon juice from half lemon and pour it into the mixture. If you have sensitive skin, do not use lemon juice.
- Now add some aloe vera juice and some rose water into this mixture.
- Mix all the above ingredients and pour it into a high quality plastic spray bottle because metal spray bottle may react and alter the properties of essential oils.
- Use this cucumber spray whenever you want to feel the freshness.
- Always shake well before this cucumber face spray. You can also store this mixture in the refrigerator and use it for a week.
- For better results use this homemade cucumber face spray three times a day.
You can also make some alterations with this cucumber face spray.
- Instead of rose water you can use coconut water or orange blossom water, as per you need.
- You can also add some essential oils into this, to add aroma to the mist.
Try out this DIY cucumber face spray and share us in the comments.