Fermented Rice Water For Glossy and Silky Hair
Our hair requires enough pampering. That too, when we give natural solutions to it, your hair strands love it. Apart from the chemicals in store brought products, we end up with pollution and daily wear and tear of your hair. This makes our hair go limp and lifeless. But there are ways you can retain the natural moisture and health to the hair. For this, you will need to take care of your hair in different ways. A healthy hair strand will give a silky smooth look to your mane. Moreover, adding a glossy finish can be done with natural ingredients. This way, your hair will thank you forever. But how can be get the beautiful glossy finish at home? Yes, it is possible. You can use natural ingredients like fermented rice water for your hair care. Here is how you can do it.
Rice is a good beautifying ingredient. For centuries, rice water has been used for face, body and hair. Traditionally, many people in Asian countries used to wash and bathe with rice cleansing water. Usually, rice water is a great hair care remedy. But, fermented rice water has double of the benefits. Probably, all fermented products contain probiotics that are good for health. Fermented rice water cleanses, de-tangles, and keeps your hair dark and long. Rice water also helps to decrease surface friction and improve your hair elasticity. Rice water has an carbohydrate compound called inositol, which repairs damaged hair and protects from any damage. The presence of amino acids in rice water strengthens the hair roots, and adds volume to the hair. Moreover, rinsing the hair with this fermented rice water adds sheen and makes hair silky smooth.
How to make Fermented Rice Water
You will need:
Uncooked rice (any variety) – 1/2 cup
Water – 2 to 3 cups
- Rinse the rice with water to remove impurities and dirt.
- Place the cleaned rice in a bowl and cover it with 2-3 cups of water.
- Keep it aside and let the rice to soak for more than 24-48 hours. This will help the vitamins and minerals in rice to seep well into the water in room temperature.
- After 24 hours, you will find a sour smell. If you are in a cold region, the fermentation process will take much longer time than warm conditions.
- Strain the rice water in a clean bowl.
- Immediately keep this fermented water in refrigerator for few minutes, probably 5-10 minutes. This help in stopping the fermenting process further. You can also boil it to prevent the fermenting process.
- Your fermented rice water is ready now. You can store it in refrigerator for a week use. This fermented rice water helps to nourish your hair and skin when rinsed.
How to use:
Since the fermented rice water is very potent, you need to dilute it with warm/cold water. Depending on your hair type, you have to adjust the fermented rice water dilution. For dry hair, use more of the rice water and for oily hair, use lesser.
You can use this diluted rice water as a hair rinse in the end of hair wash. You can use twice a week. to get a gorgeous looking hair.