Ginger Tea – Healthy Herbal Drink
In traditional Ayurveda, ginger is an important ingredient. This spicy, pungent aromatic root stands out in traditional and Western healing systems for its medicinal properties. Researchers have found that ginger contains volatile oils and phenol compounds, such as shagaols and gingerols. Ginger Tea is an excellent herbal drink that benefits health. It has high levels of amino acids and vitamin C along with minerals such as zinc, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, and much more.
There are so many benefits of drinking ginger tea regularly. The top-most well-known benefit is weight loss. Losing weight with ginger tea is one benefit I myself have experienced. I usually add ginger to by green tea and take it twice a day. After regular drinking of this ginger blended green tea for more than two months, I noticed good results in weight loss. Moreover, I felt active and energetic also. So I strongly recommend trying it regularly to find the benefits. Here are some of the common benefits of drinking ginger tea.
Ginger Tea Benefits
- Ginger tea is rich in antioxidants and has antiviral, antibiotic, antispasmodic, and antitussive properties.
- Regular drinking of ginger tea cures body inflammation and pain because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger extract is one of the best remedies for reducing arthritic inflammation and other symptoms associated with osteoarthritis.
- Ginger tea also helps absorb nutrients from the food by increasing the production of gastric juice and aids in digestion.
- This ginger root extract is good for irritable bowel syndrome. It also alleviates stomach pain and other stomach problems such as bloating.
- As mentioned earlier, ginger aids in weight loss effectively. You can notice the results after regular intake of ginger tea.
- Ginger improves blood circulation and manages blood glucose levels.
- It also helps to relieve stress and menstrual discomfort.
How to Make Ginger Tea:
Ginger slices – 1tbsp.
- Cut the ginger into small slices and take 1 tablespoon of these ginger slices.
- Pour 2 cups of water in a pot.
- Boil the water and then put the ginger slices into it.
- Let it simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Strain the ginger slices and add honey.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice.
- Your homemade ginger tea is ready to drink. For best benefits, drink 2 to 3 cups of ginger tea every day.