Health and Beauty Benefits of Sunflower Oil
Vegetable oils are quite healthiest and their benefits are versatile. Sunflowers are a common plant that is used for extracting non-volatile oil. This sunflower oil is rich in nutrients and its consumption is quite healthy. Moreover, the emollient properties of this sunflower oil make it widely used for cosmetic formulations. The oil is beneficial for skin care and hair care in different ways. The oleic acid, stearic acid, linoleic acid, vitamins, and carotenoids present in sunflower oil are healthy for body system. The benefits of sunflower oil are many and let’s have a look into it detailed.
Health Benefits of Sunflower Oil
- Sunflower oil is regarded as one of the best cooking oils, for its extremely light and high polyunsaturated fat content.
- Sunflower oil is often linked with heart health. It has a perfect balance of fatty acids. Since it doesn’t contain any saturated fats, it actually reduces the body’s overall cholesterol content. It also helps to lower LDL cholesterol which is the ‘bad’ cholesterol, from our body by slowing down the process of plague formation in the arteries.
- Sunflower oil is an excellent energy booster as the fatty acid content increases the energy levels. The unsaturated fats in this oil keep your energized all day long.
- With high levels of antioxidants, sunflower oil helps in eliminated free radicals from the body. Specially, it is said to be preventing colon cancer and related other cancer cells formation.
- Sunflower oil has anti-inflammatory properties which reduces the severity of asthma attacks and arthritis.
- Apart from the benefits of antioxidants, sunflower oil boosts the overall immune system of the body. Since it protects the skin, it restricts the entering of antibodies into the body.
- Owing to the high Vitamin E content, it fights disease-stimulating free radicals from the body system and reduces the risk of developing Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Sunflower oil also helps in managing the blood sugar levels.
- The high omega 6 fatty acids improve bone density and its anti-inflammatory properties reduce the pain.
Beauty Benefits of Sunflower Oil
- The excellent smoothening properties of sunflower oil make it suitable for surplus cosmetic preparations. It also has a longer shelf life than other oils.
- Sunflower oil can be used as carrier oil in many cosmetic treatments like skin cleansing method.
- It has excellent moisturizing and emollient properties and so its use in natural skin care is inevitable.
- The soothing nature of sunflower oil makes it a best choice for lip balms. It can also be used for treating bruises and psoriasis.
- It also has anti-inflammatory properties and high antioxidants, which help in treatment of anti-aging problems.
The Final Word
Apart from the various health and beauty benefits of sunflower oil, there is several word of caution as well. Using excess amount of it sunflower oil can increase the fatty acid content in the body because of its high omega-6 content. People having obesity or high cholesterol level have to use moderate levels of sunflower oil. So, constant monitoring of your body system and appropriate use of sunflower oil can reward benefits hugely.