Health and Beauty Benefits of Papaya Juice
Papaya, also called the “Fruit of the Angels”, is widely known for its medicinal benefits since ancient times. The fruit is delicious to taste with seeds clustered in the center. It has rich antioxidants content along with various vitamins and minerals. Papaya is incredibly nutritional and provides various health and beauty benefits. For so many reasons, papaya juice is advised. Papaya contains natural sugar and so is good even for diabetes patients. A glass of papaya juice contains so many essential nutritious. It is good for curing injuries and even allergies. Papaya contains vitamins such as A, B, C and K and antioxidants like beta-carotene. Here is how to make papaya juice and what benefits it yields.
How to make Papaya Juice
Ripe papaya (sliced) – 500 gm.
Orange juice – 1 cup
Lemon juice – 3 tbsp.
Honey – 1 tbsp.
Mix papaya pulp with orange juice and lemon juice together and blend it well until smooth. Add honey and blend again. Pour this papaya juice in a glass jar and refrigerate it. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Value of Papaya
Benefits of Papaya Juice:
Papaya juice has so many benefits for health and beauty.
- Papaya contains an antioxidant called lycopene, which reduces the risk of cancer. It helps to remove the cancer-causing toxins from the colon cells.
- Papaya juice also has high amounts of fiber content that alleviates constipation problems.
- The presence of the enzyme papain in papaya treats gastric problems and indigestion.
- The compound carpain in papaya is also used to diagnose many aliments.
- Papaya is also very effective in reducing high blood pressure and thus prevents stroke.
- Intake of papaya juice on regular basis reduces respiratory organ inflammation.
- Papaya eases menstrual cramps and treats irregular menstruation by promoting a regular flow. This is why it is feared to cause abortions.
- The seeds of papaya has anthelmintic properties, which helps expel the intestinal worms. Drinking a glass of papaya juice for a week helps get rid of worms.
- The presence of rich Vitamin A and C in papaya boosts immunity levels in the body, particularly for those suffering from fever and cold.
- Papaya juice is great for skin care. Using the pulp for face packs helps prevent pimples and clogged pores.
- Also, the presence of an enzyme called papain in papaya gives a glow to the skin and dissolves dead skin cells.
- Papaya is also helpful in treating hair dandruff and relieves from scalp itches. Check out the post on the Papaya Hair Mask.