Health Benefits of Banana Flower
The banana tree is one amazing creation, allowing all of its part for beneficial use. This common plant has amazing health benefits from all of its produces such as fruit, stem, flower, and leaves. The banana flower or so-called banana blossom is a common vegetable available even in the local stores of South Asian and Southeast Asian countries. It can be consumed raw or cooked with spices to be used in curries, fried recipes, and soups. It has a typical bitter taste with an aroma, much different from the banana favor. Be mindful when you are cutting the banana flower, as the fluid from it would stain your clothes as it oxidizes fast when exposed to air. Banana flower is a good source of vitamin C and A. it also has flavonoids and protein. The banana flower extracts have antioxidant properties that controls cell damage and prevent free radicals from affecting the body. The health benefits of banana flower are many.
Benefits of Banana Flower
- Banana flower has amazing benefits for stomach problems such as ulcer as it neutralizes the gastric juices and reduces ulcer irritation.
- Banana flower has the ability to cure bad breath problem and body odor caused by sweat.
- For people suffering from constipation problems, soup made from banana flower acts as a natural laxative.
- Stomach bloating can become a thing of past with regular consumption of banana flower. It also treats and arrests Bilious vomiting or nausea problem.
- It helps a lot to cure scanty and painful urinary problems caused by UTI or other infections.
- The astringent properties of the flower help in treating dysentery. Moreover, consuming banana flower thrice a week can help clear out any burning sensation in anal region.
- Regular consumption of banana flower helps to clear Kidney stones problem.
For Men & Women
- Banana flower has the ability to cure male infertility problems.
- The infusion made from banana flowers is an effective remedy for curing menstrual cramps. It also cures excessive menstruation flow
You have to mix cooked banana flower with buttermilk or curd to alleviate menstruation problems.
- For women with white discharges, you can mix Banana flower juice with honey or palm candy. It has to be taken in empty stomach in the morning.
- Banana flower boosts the supply of milk in breastfeeding mothers.
For Cholesterol and Diabetes
- Taking banana flower juice in empty stomach can help in controlling cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Banana flower is good for diabetes patients. Regular Intake of banana flower extracts helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
Soup made from banana flower aids weight loss. You have to add banana flower with garlic, ginger, and coriander leaves to the soup. It can be consumed four to five times a week by obese people to help in weight management.
Now that you have known the benefits of banana flower, make sure to add it to your regular diet. Combined with other banana produces, you can reap the benefits for sure.