Health Benefits of Avocado Juice
Avocado has become incredibly popular food and is considered a super food by many nutritionists. The fruit contains lots of healthy nutrients that are highly beneficial for health as well. Avocado is a unique fruit with high healthy fats and carbohydrates. Various studies have also proved the health benefits of avocado. Avocado juice is also a great nutritional drink that holds all the essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients from the fruit. It is quite easy to make and tasty to drink.
Nutritional value of Avocado
- Avocado is the fruit of the tree – Persea Americana. There are different varieties of avocados from pear to round shaped and green to black colors. Hass avocado is a very popular type
- Avocado contains abundant nutrient s such as vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B5 and B6.
- Avocados are loaded with good amounts of fiber.
- It also contains rich amounts of folate, potassium, and small amounts of thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, and phosphorous.
- This is a low-carb plant food that does not contain any cholesterol and has low saturated fats.
- A 100 gram of Avocado juice contains 160 calories with 15 grams of healthy fats and 2 grams of proteins.
Avocado health benefits
- The high potassium content in avocado is linked to reduced blood pressure.
- The monounsaturated fatty acids in avocado are heart healthy.
- Avocado oil also is good and safe for cooking purposes.
- The fiber content present in Avocado aids in weight loss and metabolic health.
- Avocados help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body. It helps Lower LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol.
- It also controls inflammatory markers and blood pressure.
- The antioxidants present in avocados help protect eye health. It reduces the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts in elderly.
- Since avocado is delicious and easy to add to your regular diet, there are so many recipes with it. Among all, avocado juice is one yummy drink that is loved by everyone. Here is a simple recipe on how to make avocado juice.
How to make Avocado Juice
Avocado – 1
Milk – 1 ½ cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp.
Vanilla/rose essence – few drops
Ice cream or Milkmaid – optional
Get the avocado with milk, sugar, including essence in a blender and blend well. You can also add ice cream or milkmaid before serving. If you use milkmaid, decrease the sugar content.