Henna for Hair Care
Nature has so many amazing herbs that provide all the needed nutrients for our hair. Henna is one of the commonly available plants that provide excellent hair care. Using henna for hair care has so many benefits. It is important to know how to use it. Henna has so many reasons to condition and nurture your hair. Apart from being a natural hair dye, it also has excellent conditioning properties. It protects the hair from harmful chemical and environmental stress. Using henna for hair care routine is sure to get you stronger and thicker hair.
Benefits of henna
There are so many benefits of henna for hair care.
- Henna gives stronger hair strands by reducing hair breakage considerably.
- It balances the hair porosity and thickens your hair.
- The hair cuticles are smoothened with henna and so it gives a healthy appearance.
- The antibacterial and antifungal properties of henna help in reducing dandruff and other scalp problems.
- It promotes hair growth on regular use.
How to use Henna Powder
You can use henna in different ways. You can sundry henna leaves and make them into a fine powder. This henna powder can be used with hair packs and other ways.
Henna powder can be added to your regular conditioner and use it for hair smoothening. Make this henna to sit on hair for 1-4 hrs to get the best results.
Instead of hair dye, henna can be used as a natural hair color. Though it might not give you ‘that’ kind of black look, it does change your grey hair into a golden brown. Also it is free of all chemicals that hair dye contains.
Henna Hair Pack with Fresh Henna Leaves
Fresh Henna leaves – 1 cup
Lemon extract – 2 tsp.
Green tea – as required
Eggs – 1 (optional)
Yoghurt – 2 tbsp.
Essential oil – few drops (optional)
- Soak fresh henna overnight in brewed green tea. You can also use black tea.
- Add few drops of lemon to it in next morning. The lemon adds a subtle shininess to your hair.
- Add 1 egg to the mixture. If you are repulsive of egg, you can add yoghurt. This will add a double effect to your hair conditioning.
- Apply it on your hair and leave it for 1 hour.
- Rinse your hair as usual.
This henna hair pack can be applied every two weeks. It helps in adding volume to your hair by stimulating hair growth. it also conditions and strengthens your hair.
Henna Hair Pack with Henna Powder
Henna powder – as required
Fenugreek seeds – ½ cup
Mustard oil – as required
- Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in water.
- Next morning grind them to make a paste.
- Add enough henna powder needed for your hair to this paste.
- Mix few drops of mustard oil to it.
- Apply this paste into your hair and let it sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse off with shampoo as usual.
This henna hair pack can be done once in 15 days. It helps in providing healthy scalp and hair.
A Word for Care
- Make sure to do a hair strand test before using henna as it might not be suitable for all.
- Protein contained hair products MUST NOT be used after henna hair treatment as it will lead to hair breakage. This is because henna itself contains enough proteins and adding more can cause damage.
- It might cause brittleness for some.