Home Remedies for Breast Pain
Discomfort in breast region is quite common among women, particularly for the middle aged and teenage. It happens at certain phases such as during menstrual cycle, puberty, pregnancy, or menopause onset. Breast discomfort often goes away quickly after the phase but there are times when you experience much discomfort and need to do something to relieve from the pain. When there is mild discomfort relating to any of the common women problems, there are some home remedies that help to relieve breast pain. Even if you are undergoing medications, these home remedies can be done alongside.
Causes for Breast pain
- Often breast pain is a condition accompanied with menstruation problems. It can happen few days before the menstruation due to the release of oestrogen. Not everyone experiences this breast pain but many do. The intensity varies and is usually felt in external parts of the breasts. Most of the time, the pain subsides once the period progresses.
- Breast pain is related to hormonal changes happening during puberty, pregnancy or before the onset of menopause.
- It can also happen due to the inflammation of the mammary glands during breastfeeding, if the milk gets accumulated. It will be accompanied with overheating, redness, and fever.
- Wrong bra size can also cause breast pain.
- Fibrocystic breasts or breast cancer can also cause pain. It is a benign tumor and doctor consultation is advised.
Home Remedies for Breast Pain
Usually breast pain is temporary discomfort and home remedies help a lot to alleviate the pain.
Apply warm compress
Giving your breast area a warm compress will help. It is one of the simplest treatments. Warmth can increase blood circulation in the area and thus reduce any discomfort. Just use damp cloths dipped in hot water. You can also use thermal hot gel pads. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, several times a day to give some relief.
Cabbage has anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve the pain. It helps to heal the inflamed/swollen breasts and reduce the pain. It is also great to relieve from breast discomfort during breastfeeding.
Wash some fresh cabbage leaves and keep them on the breasts. Cover it with a cloth. Leave it for some time. You can also crush them before keeping on the breasts.
Apple cider vinegar
ACV is known for its health benefits. It treats lots of ailments because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Apply some apple cider vinegar and gently massage on the breasts in circular motion. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. This will help reduce swelling and pain quickly.
Evening primrose oil is an effective remedy for women’s problems. It is effective to treat menstrual cycle issues, PMS problems, and menopause symptoms. The primrose oil is rich in gamma-linoleic acid that stimulates hormone formation and reduces inflammation. Rub some oil to your hands to warm up and apply it to your breast area. Gently massage to relive from pain. It also helps to alleviate PMS symptoms like headaches, irritability, bloating, and headaches.
Try out these home remedies for breast pain. However, if there is intense pain with other symptoms like tenderness or swelling, do visit a doctor.