Home Remedies for Mosquito Bites
As far as rainy season is relishing, there comes few glitches and bugs with it. Most common problem proceeding the rains are the mosquitos. These tiny insects are annoying ones in every home. That too, when you have little children at home, it can be a health issue. Most of the time, children are prone to mosquito bites. Despite the repellents, mosquito nets, and electric mats, the mosquito bites are sure to happen whatsoever. In those cases, we need to give immediate attention to your children. Some overnight bites can turn out to be reddish irritating spots on the body. There could also be swellings over the body, accompanied with itchiness. In those cases, there are several ways in which you can help yourself and your family to get rid of mosquito bites.
Warm Spoon Treatment
Warm spoon treatment is the one of the easiest way to reduce the swelling and itchiness caused by any insect bite.
- Take a clean spoon dip it inside a cup of hot water.
- Now take it out, allow it to cool for about five seconds.
- Press this spoon gently on the mosquito bite area.
- Repeat this process three to four times per day until the swelling is completely gone.
Generally, tea has a high antioxidant property which helps to reduce the swelling and itchiness caused by insect bites. The compounds found in the tea helps fight inflammation.
- Take a dampened green tea bag and put it the refrigerator.
- Allow it to cool for about half an hour.
- Place this tea bag on the affected area until the coldness will soothe relieve the itchiness.
Mud is a traditional natural remedy for most skin problems and it is also helps to cure many infections naturally. Our ancestors used this as an outdoor remedy to get rid of poison oak rash, insect bites. They are using it for many years. The cooling and healing property in mud helps to reduce the redness and soothe the itchiness.
- Take some mud in a bowl and clean it. Apply it on the affected area.
- Cover the mud with a bandage and allow it to soak overnight.
- This will cure the mosquito bite rashes and swelling.
Tooth paste is the best instant remedy for the mosquito bite. If you are out somewhere you can use tooth paste to get rid of mosquito bite problem. This will helps to reduce the redness caused by mosquito bite and also it soothe the itchiness instantly.
- Take some non-gel toothpaste and apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it to soak overnight and then rinse it off.
Salt is the most expedient home remedy for mosquito bites. Salt is anti-inflammatory and so it helps to get rid of mosquito bites and insect stings efficiently.
- Take a pinch of salt in a cup and add a few drops of water into it.
- Mix them well and apply this on your affected area for two or three times a day.
Baking soda is one of the efficient remedy to get rid of most of skin problem. It helps to kill the external bacteria on the skin. It also reduce the itchiness caused by insect bite and it stops those bacteria to penetrate into the skin.
- Take some baking soda in a cup and add few drops of household cleaning ammonia into it.
- Mix them well to form a thick paste consistency,
- Now apply this paste on the affected area and allow it to dry for about 10 minutes and rinse it off.
Rubbing alcohol is also gives you an instant relief from mosquito bite. Alcohol has antiseptic property which helps to kill bacteria transmitted by the mosquito and also stops it from penetrate into the skin. This will dries the skin and so the swelling will reduce and the bite itself shrinks. It gives you the cooling sensation from the evaporation of rubbing it. It gives instant relief from the itchiness.
- Rub few drops of alcohol on the affected area to reduce the swelling caused by mosquito bite.
A non-scented deodorant is the best remedy to remove mosquito bite instantly. Deodorant has cooling sensation property which helps to stop the itching and provide instant relief from mosquito bite. Generally deodorant contains alcohol, which helps to reduce the swelling.
- Take a non-scented deodorant and spray it on the affected area.
- Wait for few minutes and it will cure the swelling and itchiness caused by mosquito bite.
Lemon is the natural remedy for most of the skin problems. The acidity in the lemon helps to kill bacteria and also it prevents the further infection. The lemon juice will relive the itchiness and swelling.
- Take some freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl and dab a small cotton ball into it.
- Now apply this on the affected area or simply rub a slice of fresh lemon on it.
Garlic or onion juice
Garlic and onion are the well known remedy for most of the insect bites. It contains antiseptic properties which help to soothe the itching caused by insect bites.
- Take some garlic or onion and squeeze them to take the juice out.
- Now apply this juice on the affected area and allow it to soak overnight.
Try out these home remedies for mosquito bites and share us your experience in the comments.