Homemade DIY Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo has become the trend of these days. Not many are aware of what is dry shampoo. During my childhood days I remember putting baby powder on to my scalp for getting rid of oily scalp/greasy hair look. But nowadays, dry shampoo has become the fad of many. It turns out to be a quick fix for many oily hair days. Here we have a simple DIY Dry Shampoo in a powdered form. For the spray form, I shall share a recipe in future post. Most of the ingredients mentioned in this DIY dry shampoo are easily available. We also have few tips and alternatives for dry shampoo ingredients at the ends of post.
Organic cornstarch – ½ cup
Cocoa powder – 2 Tbsp. Preferably Unsweetened one will be good. This is usually added for dark haired people, but for blondes, you can skip it.
Essential oil – 3-4 drops; This will be used to add some fragrance to your shampoo. However, if you prefer not, you can avoid using. It is completely optional, but suggested.
Cinnamon – 2 Tbsp.; This is also an optional ingredient. This will add fragrance, as well as give a mild auburn color to your hair.
Directions to Use
Combine all the ingredients together in a clean bottle. Store in airtight.
While choosing a container, prefer to have loose powder containers/salt shaker or any container having holes on the lid. This will help in sprinkling the dry shampoo on to your hair easily.
This homemade DIY Dry Shampoo is all-natural and can be used without worry. It can be used whenever needed.
- First of all, section your hair slowly and use it on ever part.
- Just sprinkle some into your scalp. You have to apply it to the roots of the hair.
- Wait for few minutes to let it absorb the oil from hair.
- Finally, brush it through thoroughly until your hair gets rid of all oiliness.
Keep in mind; you must not replace your normal shampoo for this. Dry shampoo is usually meant to be a quick fix at times when you have no time for hair wash.
Optionally, you can try other ingredients as well,
- You can also use a mix of wheat flour and salt for instant dry shampoo.
- Coarsely powdered oatmeal and baking soda will also do the trick of removing oil from hair.
- Fuller’s earth clay has the ability to remove oil from hair. It is also beneficial for your hair.
All-natural DIY dry shampoo is a simple and inexpensive way to fix your hair.