Homemade DIY Shaving Cream
I find DIY and ‘homemade’ ideas are getting major attention in every blog. This is because people are cautious about using store-brought chemical products that might harm their skin health. In that direction. today we are going to have a chemical free organic DIY shaving cream. This is a unisex cream and so anyone can use it. It might seem elusive to many, but there is no harm trying it at home. Moreover, making a shaving cream from natural ingredients can be beneficial for both your body and wallet. Though it is lather-free, it softens the skin and brings about the same effect as the one that lathers. This alternative DIY shaving cream nourishes and protects your skin, and particularly sensitive skin benefit a lot. This cream helps get a clean shave while leaving behind any dry, itchy skin problems and razor burns. Lets get ahead to the DIY shaving cream.
DIY Shaving Cream
Extra virgin coconut oil – ½ cup
Extra virgin olive oil – ¼ cup
Shea butter – ½ cup
Lavender essential oil – 5 drops
Peppermint essential oil – 10 drops
Direction to use
- Take some extra virgin coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Now add some Shea butter into it and mix well.
- Heat this bowl in a microwave for about a minute or until it melts.
- Take the bowl from the microwave oven and then add some extra virgin olive oil into it and mix well.
- Now add some drops of lavender essential oil and peppermint essential oil into the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well using an ice cream stick or tooth pick.
- To make this mixture solid, place it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Then, leave it in room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now beat this mixture well, using electric hand whisk or beater for about 4 minutes.
- Store this mixture in an airtight container in a cool place.
- Now your homemade shaving cream is ready to use.
- You can use this lotion for 1 to 2 months but make sure there is no moisture in it.
- Before using this cream, wash your face thoroughly using warm water.
- Taka some homemade shaving lotion and apply a thin layer on your skin.
- Now shave it using a sharp razor, and then rinse it at regular intervals as you shave.
A word for care
- Before applying this homemade shaving cream on your face or other body parts, do a patch test on the skin behind your ear.
- For highly sensitive skin, skip adding essential oils in this recipe.
- If you want a bit foamy cream, add 2 tbsp of liquid castile soap into this recipe. However, even without any lather, this cream is amazingly good to your skin shaving routine.
- Instead of olive oil you can use sweat almond oil or jojoba oil; similarly cocoa butter is the best alternative for shea butter.
Try out this DIY shaving cream and share us your thoughts.