Homemade Dry Hair Treatments
Dry hair becomes prone to damage easily. This is why it has to be pampered and treated carefully with lots of ingredients. Though there are many commercial products available for dry hair, home treatments work the best. Dry hair treatments done at home are really beneficial. They contain easily available ingredients that benefit hair shaft and nourish it. If you are finding ways to treat hair dryness and restore the natural moisture into it, read ahead to know more. In this post, we have few dry hair treatments that can be done easily at home.
Fermented Rice Water Hair Treatment
Fermented rice water hair wash helps to get lustrous hair. It also smells good once it is dry. Know more in this post about Fermented Rice Water.
Fermented rice water – 1 cup
Honey – 2 tbsp
- Take fermented rice water in a bowl and then add some honey into it.
- Mix them well together using spoon.
- Now spread this paste all over your hair, from root to tip of your hair.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off using water.
Amla and Lime Hair Treatment
We know that Amla is great for hair care. So, when added with lime, its benefits are doubled. This dry hair treatment not only nourishes the hair but also adds a subtle shine.
Amla powder – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Take amla powder in a bowl and add some lemon juice into it.
- Apply this paste all over hair from the roots to tip of your hair.
- Gently massage your hair using your finger tips.
- Leave the mask for about 5 minutes then wash it off using water.
Coconut Oil Treatment
Coconut oil is one of the best hair care ingredients, especially for dry rough hair. It has moisturizing properties that retain the moisture in hair and nourish it from the roots.
Virgin coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
Curd – 2 tbsp (optional)
Rose water – few drops
Conditioner – few drops (optional)
- Add all the above ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
- Now apply it on your hair.
- Allow it to soak for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Adding conditioner and curd is purely optional.
Mayonnaise Hair Treatment
Mayonnaise hair pack helps to give shine and strength to your hair. And also it contains powerful antioxidant which helps to treat dry and damaged hair and give nice volume to your hair.
- Take half a cup of mayonnaise and whip them well using spoon.
- Now apply it on your hair from root to the tip of your hair. Don’t forget to wet your hair before applying it.
- Gently massage it using your fingers in a circular motion.
- Then cover your hair with shower cap and allow it to soak for about 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair using cold water and use mild shampoo.
Beer Hair Treatment
If you have very dry and dull hair means you can choose this beer spray. The conditioning properties in beer help to treat dry and dull hair and also provide volume to your hair. It also has vitamin B which helps to provides lustrous and soft hair.
Beer – ½ cup
Water – 2 cups
- Take half cup of beer and mix two cups of water into it.
- Mix them well and apply it on your hair after shampooing your hair.
- Then rinse it off using water and allow it to dry naturally.
Gram flour Treatment
A hair pack with Gram flour is one of the effective ways to treat dry hair. It contains enough nutrients for hair, as well as is a mild cleanser. Moreover, coconut milk or raw milk added to this pack benefits as a protein nourishment for hair.
Gram flour – 3 tsp
Coconut milk or raw milk – 1 cup
- Take gram flour in a bowl and add some coconut milk into it.
- Mix them well to form a paste consistency.
- Apply this paste on your hair from root to the tip of your hair. Concentrate more on the tips.
- Allow it to dry for about 15 minutes and rinse it off using mild shampoo.
With all these dry hair treatments working the best for hair, try it out. You can find visible results, adding shine and nourishment to hair.