Jasmine Flower – Health Benefits
Jasmine flowers are commonly used for decoration and as accessories during special days. But do you know it is good for your health? There are several ways in which you can use jasmine flower for health. Here we figure out the benefits of jasmine flowers.
Know about Jasmine
Jasmine is a plant with a white colored, aromatic flower. It belongs to the member of the Oleaceae (Olive) family with a genus name Jasiminum. The botanical name of common jasmine is Jasminum officinale. It is native to tropical regions and there are more than 100 varieties of jasmine flower. The flower is used as a medicine as well.
Uses of Jasmine
- In the recent days we get jasmine oil available in the market, which could be used for many purposes.
- Jasmine flowers are often used in lotions, creams, and perfumes.
- There are also several uses in food flavoring, beverages, frozen desserts, candies, gelatins and puddings.
- Jasmine flower is known for its aphrodisiac properties and is also used as a sedative, as it causes relaxation.
- It has antiseptic and antispasmodic properties that relieves pain and cures several medical problems.
- Jasmine flowers are used to increase immunity and cure fever.
- Since it is a sedative, Jasmine flower is used for reducing headaches and strokes.
- You can treat several skin conditions such as sunburns and rashes as it has soothing properties.
- In aromatherapy, jasmine oil is a primary ingredient. A body massage with jasmine oil is sure to uplift one’s mood.
- Washing eyes with jasmine water and relive from redness and other eye problems. It will also relive eyes from tiredness.
Jasmine flowers is brewed and consumed as an herbal remedy to fight fevers. This jasmine tea infusion helps in treating fevers and urinary tract inflammations. The antidepressant properties of jasmine gets the tea to help in relieving stress and anxiety. Moreover, it is useful to cure heat stroke or sunstroke as well. Since it has antiseptic properties, the tea infusion is used as a tincture for treating cuts and scrapes.
Here is how you can make Jasmine Tea
Jasmine – 1 handful
Water – 1 cup
Palm sugar – 1 tbsp.
Kasa kasa (poppy seeds) – 1 tbsp
Boil fresh and clean jasmine flowers with water in stove. Add poppy seeds and palm sugar and brew it. Drink this brewed jasmine tea for health benefits.