Know About Jojoba Oil And Its Beauty Benefits
Previously we have talked about essential oils that benefits skin care. Now it’s time for knowing about carrier oils. Carrier oils such as coconut oil, and Castor oil, are common ones and this time it is about jojoba oil and its beauty benefits. It is considered as a premium carrier oil after these two oils. Jojoba oil is basically a liquid wax that is extremely stable and long lasting. It is least greasy in texture and has emollient properties that benefit in treating skin problems.
Jojoba oil has a lot to do with skin care and health care There are so many ways and favorite DIY (do-it-yourself) ideas that you can use Jojoba oil for making beauty products at home.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil
- It has beneficial ingredients such as vitamins and minerals to nourish your skin. The oil is high in Vitamin C and has sulfur, copper, and cobalt.
- It also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is anti-inflammatory, and has anti-oxidants that helps in healing.
- Jojoba oil is best for skin moisturizer and delivers softer, silky smooth skin
- The odourless non-greasy nature of this oil does not make your skin greasy and penetrates easily.
- This oil is great for any skin type reduces the possibility of breakouts.
- Regular use of Jojoba oil changes the appearance of enlarged pores on skin.
- It acts a barrier on the skin and prevents aging.
- It is best to treat chapped and dry skin.
- It also prevents excess sebum secretion and maintains the skin texture.
- It prevents hair dryness and can be used for treating damaged and over-processed hair.
- Hair massage with Jojoba oil helps in dandruff treatment.
As a Night Cream
You can add Jojoba oil to your favorite night cream and enhance the benefits. Using it in daytime can make your face shiny.
As a Hydrating Face Pack
Oats – 1/2 cup (ground)
Honey – 2 tbsp
Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Jojoba Oil – 3-4 tsp
Mix all the ingredients together and apply on your face. It helps in gently exfoliate skin cells and maintain the skin moisture.
As a Makeup Remover
Jojoba oil can be used as a makeup remover. Just take few drops of the oil to a cotton pad and wipe off your facial make-up. It is gentle and harmless to skin while removing eye makeup as well.
As a Lip Balm
Being a carrier oil, it can be used as an alternative to lip balms. You can effectively heal your chapped lips easily.
Jojoba oil can be an excellent foot and hand cream. You can use it for cuticle treatment for dried nails and foot skin. Massage gently and wash it off with warm water.
Prepper for Shaving
Before having your shave, you can apply jojoba oil to skin for moisturization. This will prevent dry razor rashes and keep your skin soft.