How to Make Soapnuts Shampoo for Hair
Having a dull and limp mane can never be acceptable. Among the so many chemical products that are available in the market, organic homemade products are always the best. Soapnuts or Reetha for hair care is a traditional method that is followed in many tropical countries. Here is how to use soapnuts for hair care by preparing soapnuts shampoo.
How to prepare Soapnuts Shampoo
Soapnuts are eco-friendly and organic. It can be used on hair to remove all the oil, dirt, and grime from hair. It is a popular expectorant and has hydrophilic tendency. Usually liquid form of soapnut is used as natural shampoo.
Soapnuts – 5
Water – 3 cups
Essential oil – few drops
- Use a muslin bag to place the soapnuts on saucepan.
- Add two cups of water and boil it
- Reduce the heat and simmer it for around 20 minutes.
- Add one more cup to the mixture and let it simmer for another ten minutes.
- Remove the pan and keep the mixture aside.
- After the mixture is cooled down, squeeze the muslin bag well to collect the froth from it.
- Rinse the muslin cloth and squeeze one more time until it froths.
- After collecting the liquid, add few drops of essential oil to it.
Your natural shampoo with soapnuts is ready. You can store it in a tight container and refrigerate for future use.
A word of caution:
- Since soapnuts can cause irritation with eyes, make sure to keep your eyes away. Also it can irritate the tender eyes of children and cause them allergic problems.
- Soapnuts are solely for external use and cannot be injected internally in any way.
- The liquid form of soapnuts can get spoiled soon as there is no preservative used. If you wish to preserve it a little further, you can try adding a spoonful of citric acid to it.
Other uses of soapnuts at home
Soapnuts can also be used for other purposes at home.
- Making a thick paste of soapnuts can be used for industrial cleaning works at home.
- Boiling soapnuts in water and then blending it together can give you a cream consistency, which could be used for shaving creams.
- The soapnuts shells can be ground to a fine powder and could be used for laundry cleaning. It can also be added to dishwasher soap.
Now you know the many uses of soapnuts and how about using them to your routine. Let us know how you got benefited with it.