Medicinal Benefits of Ginger
It is no surprise that the common dietary condiment, Ginger has amazing medicinal benefits. Scientifically named as Zingiber officinale, it has extraordinary health benefits similar to turmeric and cardamom. In ancient Chinese and Indian traditions, ginger was used as tonics for treating ailments. Gingerol is the primary chemical substance in Ginger root, which has amazing therapeutic benefits. The Medicinal Benefits of Ginger makes it a super-food for different purposes.
- Gingerols in ginger is a potent antioxidant.
- It also is an anti-inflammatory agent that cures various ailments.
- The bioactive ingredients of ginger help in treating various health problems.
Medicinal benefits of Ginger
- Ginger is one of the best heart-healthy super-foods. Regular use of ginger in diet helps keep strokes and heart diseases at bay. It also has anti-blood clotting ability similar to onions and garlic.
- Ginger is a great remedy for indigestion and nausea. It helps in combating bloated stomach, constipation and other gastrointestinal disorders. By relaxing the gut muscles, ginger helps move the food throughout the digestive system. Stomach disorders can be combated with whole ginger, ginger juice or even ginger essential oil.
- Ginger helps in boosting immunity functions in the body. By breaking down toxins accumulation in the body, ginger effectively cleanses the lymphatic system and aids immunity.
- Ginger is also beneficial for respiratory functions. The cleansing ability of ginger keeps the respiratory system free of infections in improves its functioning.
- Ginger has antimicrobial properties to combat bacterial infections. Ginger extract is one of the natural antibiotics. It also cures any fungal infections.
Mix few drops of ginger essential oil with one tsp. of coconut oil and tea tree oil. Apply this on fungal infections for immediate cure. It can be applied three times a day.
- Ginger also has pain-relieving properties. Gingerol acts on the body’s vanilloid receptors located on sensory nerve endings and helps relieve pain.
- Gingerol has the ability to improve diabetes complications by enhancing insulin sensitivity in the body.
- Ginger also has the ability to cure stomach ulcers.
- It aids in nutrient absorption of the body and prevents any malabsorption. This way, ginger prevents nutrient deficiencies and improves body metabolism.