Mumbai Heritage Cycle Ride 2.0 | 2017
Riding a bicycle is much more than what you think. While usual exercise boosts wellness and brainpower, aerobic exercises have much more health benefits. Cycling is a simple form of aerobic exercise with moderate physical activity. Cycling is something that can be easily made available and used by anyone of any age, right from a kid to an age-old senior citizen. Riding cycle either for transportation or as a form of exercising holds so many health benefits.
Before getting to know about the actual health benefits of cycling, here we have few interesting facts about the evolution of cycle. The concept of cycling got evolved from the machine that was invented by Baron Karl von Drais in 1817. He actually made a walking machine with wheels and no gears, chains, or peddles, which later got transformed into what we call as bicycle today.
The human body needs a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate to intense exercising every day to achieve long-term health. Cycling is a low-impact physical activity that benefits your body and mind wellness to a good extent.
- Since cycling involves a great deal of pedaling, it helps tone and strengthens your calf and thigh muscles. In children, regular cycling sessions are proven to have good improvement in bone and muscle health
- Cycling, as an exercise, boosts heart health by improving cardiovascular functionality, particularly on middle-aged men.
- Cycling greatly increases muscle flexibility, thus boosting your aerobic fitness. Overall, it increases the body stamina, endurance, and energy levels, making you feel flexible, healthier and happier.
- Being a ‘releasing’ exercise, cycling has both physiological and psychological benefits, helping in alleviating issues like tension, stress, depression, and even pain.
- Weight loss is one of the biggest benefits of cycling, but it requires repeated sessions of cycling regularly and consistently. The metabolic rate of the body after hours of cycling burns lots of calories at a higher rate.
- Cycling boosts brainpower, by increasing the body’s production of brain cells and neurotransmitters, leading to a faster functioning brain. As a result, you get improved memory, concentration, and problem-solving skills.
- Cycling releases feel-good hormones such as endorphins that improve your mood and promotes quality sleep patterns.
Even though many of us know about the benefits of cycling, making it a regular routine/practice is quite tougher. So, attending some group events can let you have a connection with like-minded people to make cycling your hobby or regular exercise. Here is an interesting event for you to spend your Sunday morning.
Enjoy the serene lanes of Mumbai; ride out to visit new places; make more friends. The Mumbai Heritage Cycle Ride 2.0 rides through iconic Gateway of India, the cool breeze of Colaba, and more.
Information about the Event – Mumbai Heritage Cycle Ride 2.0
DATE: Sunday, 12th November, 2017
TIME: 06:00 AM (IST) to 10:00 AM (IST)
VENUE: Churchgate station, Mumbai, India.
Event Cost: Rs. 555/- per pax (with cycle) and Rs. 300/- per pax with Own cycle
REGISTRATION: check out the Goeventz portal
Distance: 12 kms approx.
Start Location: Churchgate station
End Location: Girgaon Chowpatty
How to Register for the Event?
Registering for Mumbai Heritage Cycle Ride 2.0 can be made through the Goeventz portal.
You can book your tickets online with the required details. Participants will get further information regarding the event soon after registration. Registered participants will receive the route map and other details through e-mailer.
If you want to know further details regarding the event, you can visit Goeventz.
[FYI, the Goeventz payment gateway is completely safe and secure to use.]
Goeventz is an online platform that connects people with great events! Goeventz makes it easier for participants and event organizers to get in a universal space for all sorts of events such as conferences, rock concerts, festivals, fundraisers, exhibitions, trade fairs and all the more. If you are an event seeker, Goeventz provides a safe and user-friendly payment gateway using industry standard encryption to book tickets, and if you are an event organizer, it promotes your events to a wider audience. Being a Govt of India Certified Startup, Goeventz has been a trusted by thousands of event organizers and lakhs of customers. You can discover events happening around the world, all from a single platform.
To explore more events, Visit their website – Goeventz.com