Natural Homemade Toners
A complete skin care routine must contain cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. However, many of us skip the toning part, which is equally important as cleansing. Both go hand in hand and should not be skipped. Particularly for oily skinned people, toning is very important. It helps in absorbing the excess oil and sebum from the skin, making it clean and acne free! Natural homemade toners are always the best and safe way for toning your skin on daily basis.
There are lots of products available in the market for toning purpose. However, they contain chemicals that would harm the sensitive skin if used for long time. There are simple ways in which you can use home ingredients to use as toners. Are you wondering how it would be possible? It really is. These natural homemade toners are much more effective as well. They are cost-effective, and do no harm to skin.
Homemade Toners with Natural Ingredients
- The very simple homemade toner you can use is ice cubes. You can also use ice cold water for this purpose, but ice cubes are much more effective. Just wipe your face with an ice cube after cleansing. This will naturally tone your skin.
- Applying rose water daily on face can also be effective. Make sure to get pure organic rose water which is oil-free. Rose water does wonders to skin, adding a soft, radiant look to your skin.
- Mint leaves water is excellent for toning. Boil mint leaves with hot water and let the mint leaves water cool down. Use the resulting solution to tone your face. Gently wipe the face with this mint water using a cotton pad.
- Aloe Vera juice can also be used as a toner. It works great for both toning and moisturizing your face. Just apply the juice on face. It has soothing effect and also helps in curing sunburns and skin rashes.
- Freshly grated cucumber can be mixed with fresh curd. This mixture can be applied on the face. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and wash it. This is an excellent homemade cleanser cum toner. It works best for oily skin people.
- A pinch of camphor can be mixed with rose water. The solution has to be applied on face 3-4 times a day. It will help for acne-prone oily skin.
- Applying pure lemon juice can act as a toner. You can also rub lemon peels on face to get the similar effect. Addition to toning, it also helps in skin lightening and makes your face oil-free.
- A mix of Equal parts of tomato juice and organic honey can act as a good toner. This thick paste has to be applied on skin for 15 minutes. Then wash it off with cold water.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Diluted Apple cider vinegar is a good toner. However, you have to use in right proportions with water. Here is the directions for every skin type.
For sensitive skin: Use apple cider vinegar and water in the ratio of 1:4
For normal skin: Use apple cider vinegar and water in the ratio 1:2
For oily skin: Use equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water
Here we have yet another simple natural homemade toner recipe.
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
Peppermint tea bag – 1
Witch hazel – 2 tbsp.
Boiling Water – as needed
Direction to use
- Sip the peppermint tea bag in boiling water for some time. Now remove the tea bag and mix one tablespoon of lemon juice along with witch hazel into it.
- Mix it well and let it cool down completely.
- Use this toner with a cotton pad to wipe your face and neck.
All of these natural homemade toners work wonders for your skin. Try it out and find out the best for your skin type.
A Word for Care
- For very sensitive skin, avoid lemon, as it might cause burning sensation.
- Moreover, if you are allergic to particular product, avoid using it.
- While using camphor, buy the organic one without any chemicals as it might cause allergies.
Let us know how these homemade toners help you. Share your choices in the comments.