Reap the benefits of Ayurvedic Oil Bath at Home
The Ayurvedic oil bath is a massage therapy followed in the ancient days by our ancestors. The purpose of this Ayurvedic oil bath is to balance the circulatory system and keep up with the physiological imbalances. Choosing the right oil can make all the difference to your body system.
Sesame oil – 25 g.
Fenugreek – 2 Tbsp.
Red chili – 2 no.
Turmeric – 1 tsp.
Rice – 2 Tbsp.
How to prepare and apply the oil massage:
- Dry roast everything except oil.
- Take a pan and pour oil in to it, and start adding all the above ingredients.
- Set the flame in low temperature and heat it for 5-7 mins.
- Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Then take the oil in hand and massage it to your hair and all over your body.
- You can also use the leftover spices in the pan but except red chili.
- These spices will also reduce your body heat completely.
- Allow this mixture to penetrate into your hair for about 1 hour then wash it with mild shampoo or shikakai.
This type of oil bath other wise known as Saturday oil bath, is considered auspicious by certain Indian cultures. In ancient days, this Ayurvedic oil bath was taken every weekend as a tradition. This Ayurvedic oil bath gives lots of health benefits.
Removing excess heat from the body is one of the major health benefits of this Ayurvedic oil bath. Apart from this it also penetrates into body and improves blood circulation. After washing off, you will feel very relaxed and rejuvenated. The massage also gives softer skin, and provides added glow and radiance to the skin. Because of the oil warmth, the bath ensures that blood flow is easily transfered to the head. This increase blood circulation will reduce the joint stiffness and relaxes the muscles. That is why we feel very much relaxed after applying it.
Ayurvedic Oil Bath is one of the best anti-aging treatment. Sesame oil is one of the best kind of oil used for massage therapy, and has been used in oil bath for many years.