Reasons why Eating Fish during Pregnancy is Beneficial
Pregnancy is a blessing that everyone desires. It is essential to take care of your health not only for the sake of yourself but for your little one. It is always told that one has to be extra careful in consuming anything during pregnancy. Always natural foods are the best. No one can deny the health benefits of eating fish during pregnancy. Though there are few varieties that do not suit well for pregnant women, choosing the right one offers the greatest benefits.
Not many know about the nutritional benefits of fish. Here are few reasons why eating fish during pregnancy can be really beneficial.
- Fishes are rich in n3 poly-unsaturated fatty acids. These compounds help in increasing the motor skills and ability to perform physical activities.
- The omega 3 fatty acids present in fishes helps in minimizing the risks of preterm birth. It also reduces the formation of heart diseases in child. Fishes like salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps in reducing inflammation and improving the baby’s brain development.
- Fishes are also rich in iodine content, which is essential for baby growth. Sufficient Iodine is required for healthy development of brain and nervous system of the fetus. Ocean fish are good sources of iodine.
- Eating fish during pregnancy can benefit the child because of its high protein and iron content. It is advised for pregnant women to intake right quantities of protein and iron because iron helps in preventing anemia while protein supports the baby’s growth.
- Fish oil can also be consumed while pregnancy for its good amount of protein, iron, and omega-3 content. Also fish oil helps in reducing high cholesterol levels and builds resistance to allergens. It also aids in development of child.
No doubt fishes are health nutritious food. Adding it to the diet during pregnancy will help a lot in your child health. However, make sure to avoid preserved or frozen fishes, which could be unhealthy and contaminated. Also avoid eating raw fishes and other fishes from toxic environment which may pose certain health risks.