Reetha / Soap nuts for Hair Care
Natural hair care is every girl’s desire. Among so many traditional hair care ingredients, soapnuts are special. Soapnuts or Reetha, which is scientifically known as Sapindus Mukorossi, is a common traditional spice that could be used for hair care. Soapnuts are deciduous plant found in the tropical regions. It is a popular choice for people, who desire strong and healthy hair. The benefits of using soapnuts for hair care are many. Since soapnuts are completely natural, you will get a hair that is purely pampered with organic ingredients. Usually soapnuts are added to herbal shampoo for added benefit. Here is a post of herbal homemade shampoo with so many other ingredients along with soapnuts.
The dried out fruits of the tree gives a soapy texture, which is used for foaming in many hair care products all over the world. In Asian countries, soapnuts are used traditionally by soaking them overnight in water and then mixing with shikakai powder for hair shampoo.
Benefits of Soapnuts
- Soapnuts are rich in vitamins and this adds a shine and smooth texture to your hair. Regular use of soapnuts will make your hair shinier and softer.
- It contains saponin, which would make your hair lustrous and healthy.
- The anti-bacterial properties of soapnuts are great for your scalp if you have any dry skin issues, scalp infections or dandruff.
- Adding Soapnuts to herbal shampoo prevents hair loss and is good for hair growth.
- The natural conditioning properties of soapnuts can be utilized for even sensitive skin people. It keeps your hair and skin well-moisturized for a healthy glow.
- The cleaning properties of soapnuts acts as a natural clarifying shampoo for your hair.
- The antifungal properties of soapnuts combat any scalp infections.
Precautions while using soapnuts
- Though soapnuts do not have any side effects, it can cause a stingy feeling in your eyes because of the insecticidal properties. So you must avoid direct contact with eyes.
- If you observe any rashes after using soapnuts, make sure to stop using it immediately.
Now you have known the benefits of soapnuts for hair care. Here is a post on How to use Soapnuts for hair care by preparing Soapnuts Shampoo.