Simple Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Flawless feet will not only make you look beautiful but also will improve your confidence. Without proper taking care of feet, you can get into unhealthy feet problems like cracked heels, sore foot, or infections. Always, doing regular Pedicure is advisable; nevertheless, there are still other reasons that can cause these problems to appear your feet. Cracked heels are one among the common problems that hinders many. It is primarily caused due skin dryness. Though it does not bring major health issues, it still disturbs your daily routine. Deep fissures can cause intense pain while walking. Sometimes, there are also possibilities of getting infection, due to unhygienic feet care. Following some simple home remedies for cracked heels will alleviate the problem at the earliest.
Why does Cracked Heels appear?
Cracked heels or heel fissures are caused by various reasons such as walking bare foot in rough terrain, over-moisture or lack of moisture, excess sweating, an unhealthy diet, improper foot care, aging, prolonged standing routine on hard floors and usage of strong detergents.
You can identify cracked heels through dryness of foot, fissures, red or flaky patches of skin, painful palm and sole as well as skin itching. Since the fissures are prone to more infections, it can bring further complications.
It is important to take care of your feet regularly. However, when you are having cracked heels problem, these simple home remedies for cracked heels will be a boon for many. All of these remedies are done with simple ingredients that are available readily.
Neem and Sesame Oil
Neem Oil – 1 tbsp
Sesame oil – 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Boiled aloe vera pieces – 3-4
Sandalwood powder – ½ tsp
- Mix neem oil and sesame oil together in a bowl.
- Boil the aloe vera pieces and remove the gel from it. You can also use the fresh gel, but artificial ones are not preferable.
- Add turmeric and sandalwood powder into it. This is optional. But recommended.
- Mix everything together well.
- Apply this paste onto your cracked heels.
- Leave it for sometime and wash with water.
Ghee and turmeric paste
For painful cracked heels, Here is a remedy with ghee.
Ghee – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Licorice powder – 1tsp
Neem powder – 1 tsp
Sandalwood powder – 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a paste.
- Apply this paste onto your heels.
- Leave it for some time and wash it off.
Maintaining your feet hygiene
- It is important to maintain a good foot care to avoid cracked heels or any related foot issues. Here are few self-care tips that could be followed regularly.
- Use pumice stone during shower to remove dead skins and callous.
- Use medicated herbal foot balm to keep your skin soft and close the fissures.
- Keep your feet moisturized with a foot moisturizing cream.
- Since the feet skin lacks oil glands, you can use olive oil or almond oil over the feet and cover it with a sock. Do this before going to bed as a regular routine to make your feet soft.
- A regular foot bath and foot massage with a mixture of hot water and salt is beneficial.
Regular routine of hygienic habits, food diet, and occasional home remedies for cracked heels can keep your feet problems at bay.