Summer hair care routine – Hibiscus
With the Summer season starting, everybody is very much thoughtful about the effects of heat and sweating. In tropical regions like India summer starts from March and ends in July. At this time we can feel the hot, gusty, and dry winds affecting our health. This will mainly affect our body temperature and cause lots of health diseases. The rays coming from the sun can causes damage to our skin as well as hair. So we need to take care of both internal health and external health of our body. The sun rays will damage our hair, and makes it look very dull and brittle. At this season due to excessive sweating, hair becomes very damaged and unhealthy, so we need to wash it at least weekly twice. During such times, in order to simply wash my hair I use different hair masks. Generally I try to do lots of hair masks at this season to reduce body heat and also to avoid hair loss caused by heat. Today we are going to see about Hibiscus leaves hair mask, which is one of my favourite hair masks.
Hibiscus leaf hair mask:
Hibiscus is a one of the powerful, readily available medicinal plant. It has lots of health and beauty benefits. Generally we can get this easily in everyone’s garden. Both hibiscus leaf and flower of it can also be used for hair growth. Let’s know about hibiscus leaf and it’s usage with hair care. Actually Hibiscus leaves are rich in various nutrition and minerals, and so it is used in herbal tea, cosmetics and alternative medicines. In Indian traditional systems we use this hibiscus for its medicinal properties.
Direction to use:
- Take 10 to 15 fresh hibiscus leaves, no of leaves depends upon your hair length.
- Rinse it with pure water.
- Then make it into a fine paste like consistency using mixer grinder.
- Grind it without adding water because the leaf itself has lots of water content and a kind of viscous fluid comes with it.
- Take this paste in a bowl, if you want to add some curd you can add.
- Apply it all over your scalp and hair. Gently massage with your fingers.
- Allow it to set for 1 hour. Wrap your head using shower cap so that the paste won’t fall on your dress.
- After 1 hour wash it with warm water use mild shampoo. Gently massage while washing.
- Generally I won’t use hair dryer for my hair. So dry your hair in normal room temperature or under fan.
After drying, you can feel your hair super smooth and soft. It helps to protect your hair from hair fall and also strengthens your hair roots because hibiscus leaf itself contains rich nutrition values like vitamin C and calcium. Your hair will become black and shiny too.
Apply this hair mask once in a week then you can feel the changes. Try this hair mask and give your opinion in the comment bar.