Summer Skin Detoxing to Revitalize the Skin
Detoxification is an essential process to cleanse all the organs in the body. For those who are not aware, skin is the largest body organ and it is the most exposed organ in the body. This is why it is important for us to take much care of the skin. It is not all about beauty, but being healthy and rejuvenating the skin enhances the beauty of it. One needs to constantly cleanse and detox the skin. Similar to detoxing your body, detoxifying the skin has to be one of the essential routine.
Due to constant exposure to pollutants, our skin gets dirt and the pores are clogged. Moreover, the toxins from our diet can affect the skin health and complexion. Seasonal detoxification routine is a must and with the summer heat scorching, it is essential to hydrate and cool the skin.
There are so many effects of detox that alleviate the impacts of heat and pollutants on skin. Skin Detoxification can help in brightening the skin as well as reduce unhealthy skin issues like acne, and wrinkles. Unhealthy, dull skin, wrinkles, skin sagging, and age spots are indeed the result of toxins buildup in the body. Stress and exhaustion can result in acne. Inadequate cleansing, dirt, and grime can cause skin redness or excess sebum secretion and lead to oily, itchy, and scaly skin.
Though it might seem to be daunting in the start, skin detox can be easily achieved with few changes to diet routine and skin care routine. Here are few of the ways you can effectively practice skin detox this summer.
- Take lots of water this summer. Hydrating the body is the first step for any detoxification. Even for skin, drinking enough water will help moisturize the skin surface inside out. Instead of drinking plain water, you can intake a mixture of flavored detox waters that would aid best with your detoxification process. You can also take lots of fresh fruit juices and refreshing drinks.
- Leave out the junk intake for a while. It has become an era of junk food and we are used to it. Cutting out the unhealthy food routine for a while will aid the detox process. At least for a week, you need to control the craving for your favorite stuff and help the body to get rid of the excess toxins. Congesting foods like fats, sugar, fast foods, and packaged snacks. Take protein rich products like organic dairy products and healthier fats like nuts and fish.
- Eat healthy raw vegetables and fruits. Always remember that inner hygiene is the best beauty enhancer. Intake of all the good, organic food items will reflect in the skin beauty of yours. Eat alkaline-rich veggies and fruits such as pears, apples, spinach, watermelon, bananas, and broccoli.
- Give your body a holistic massage, either at home or at spa. Nourishing the body senses and skin will revitalize the body system and stimulate the hormones. Massaging can improve circulation and encourages skin cell renewal.
- Cleansing and Exfoliation of skin is important. Use a mild cleanse and remove all the impurities from the body. Remember the process of CTM (Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing). In this way, your system will stimulate the essential organs to release harmful toxins. Also exfoliation and scrubbing will remove the dead skin cells.
- Take a detox bath with Epsom salt and warm water. Soak yourself in the detox bath 2-3 times a week and this will help removing pollutants from the body. You can also take an Ayurvedic oil bath as a method of revitalization.
- Exercises can increase the body sweating, which is an excellent way to cleanse and pull out body toxins. You can also take a yoga session to turn the body heat.
- A mud mask can be an excellent skin detox. Fuller’s earth or any clay can pull out the toxins from the skin and unclog the pores. This will revitalize the dull skin and effectively purify/cleanse the skin. For an added benefit, let the mask sit on the skin for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile you can take a citrus face steam with hot water and citrus oil to help the pores get opened and pull out toxins from the skin. You can use this mark for 1-2 times a week.
Here is a simple skin detox face mask with fruits.
Aloe vera gel – 2 tbsp
Mango fruit pulp – 2 tbsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Take the fresh aloe vera extract and mix it with mango pulp to get a think consistency. Now add lemon juice as a detoxifying agent. Apply it on face for 20 minutes and rinse it off. This will help detoxify your skin and freshen it.
Initially, there might be some blemishes occurring, but it just is the way the skin works the detox process from its deeper layers to the surface. Following this detoxification step can help a lot in removing the body pollutants, and toxins from the skin. After a week, you will surely notice a glow in the skin as the skin gets renewed and revitalized in a natural way.