Turmeric – The Nature’s Gift for Beauty and Health
Turmeric is an ancient Indian medicine which is being used from ancient old days. Most of all, the benefits and miraculous uses of it has been long forgotten in the modern times. But still, we cannot deny its use in our day-to-day life. Our ancestors have been using this turmeric as a medicine and beauty ingredient mainly for its healing properties.
Turmeric is one of the nature’s gift and it is widely used for healthy life and beauty. Scientifically named as curcuma longa, this turmeric belongs to the ginger family. Actually it is a root of green plant that has a tough brown outer skin with orangy flesh inside. Also it is indeed aromatic like ginger but has a hotter and spicier flavor. Approximately there are 30 varieties of turmeric available in the world. Best and popular variety comes from the Indian tropical regions, particularly from South. This turmeric plants are gathered annually for their moss of root (root stock). Varieties of turmeric depends upon the duration of the crop. Turmeric plant requires temperatures between 20 and 30 °C which is why it suited well for Asian climates. Turmeric is sometimes known as “Indian Saffron” Because of its deep yellow color. So it is act as a principal ingredient in Indian cooking and also a part of Indian curry powder. Apart from that, it is a best ingredient used in cosmetic herbal medicines.
Nutrients in turmeric:
Benefits of turmeric:
Turmeric has been used as a spice and herb in India. India is an important producer of turmeric in the world. There are three main types of Turmeric available in south side of India. In Tamil they named it as,
Each of it gives different benefits. Let us discuss some of its health and beauty benefits.
- Used as a best ingredient used in cosmetic herbal medicines.
- Has a different unique smell and flavor.
- In south side of India they use this turmeric in their daily bath, because,
- It gives natural fairness to skin.
- Removes unwanted hair.
- It prevents pimples.
- Good remedy for sun tanning.
- It will glow your skin without much staining.
- It is mainly used for healing wounds, as it is an antiseptic agent. It also prevents and cures acne scars.
- Actually it is an anti bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and so boosts immune system. It fights against cold, cough and flu.
- Improves digestion.
- Regulates blood sugar level in body so it is good for diabetes.
- Promotes blood circulation and so controls blood pressure.
- Aids in fat metabolism, reduces cholesterol. So use to prevent cancer growth cells.
- It prevents inflammation.
Turmeric is a good and inexpensive spice and it occupies an important use in our life. Try to use turmeric in your regular life, there is no doubt you will be safe from a lot of diseases.