What makes Basil Tea good for Oral Health?
The fragrance of the basil herb alone can do wonders. It is called the Queen of Herbs for its enormous health benefits and medicinal value. Basil contains rich antioxidants along with antibacterial properties. The therapeutic effects of this herb can be easily achieved through brewing tea. Basil tea is an effective oral problem solver because of its surprising health benefits.
Basil tea has so many health benefits including respiratory and cardiovascular benefits. This aromatic herb is particularly great for dental health. Here are some of the known benefits of basil tea for oral health. According to an article by Oral Health and Dental Management, basil has effective results in reducing microbial count in the mouth. Experts say just chewing basil in regular basis can help relieve from oral problems.
- Not only does chewing basil help relieve oral problems. The aqueous solution in the basil leaves the reason for its effectiveness against bad breath.
- Basil tea has antibacterial properties that fight against odor-causing bacteria in the mouth. The compounds in basil help fight germs in the oral cavity.
- It is a perfect cure for fighting bad breath, which is known as halitosis in medical terms.
- Also, basil is effective to ward off pyorrhea and other similar periodontal diseases.
- It acts as an effective mouth freshener. If you want a homemade mouth freshener, check out the post here.
How to make the Basil Tea:
- Take 2 teaspoons of dried basil leaves in a bowl.
- Add boiling water over the leaves until it submerges.
- Cover and let the solution steep for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, strain and add sweeteners such as raw honey, if desired.
- The Basil Tea is ready. You can drink around 2 to 3 cups of basil tea a day.
Basil is a good source of vitamins such as A, K, and C along with minerals such as manganese. All of these compounds in basil benefits in reducing stress, uplifting the mood and also boosts immunity. Other benefits Drinking basil tea regularly can help reduce stress, uplift your mood, relieve indigestion, cure headaches, treat flatulence, improve appetite, boost immunity and lots more.
Other health benefits of drinking basil tea include relief from digestion problems, cures headaches and treats flatulence.