DIY Lip Balm with Easy Ingredients
Previously, we talked about homemade DIY lip scrub for your lips. Today, we have an excellent lip balm recipe that is easy to do at home. Usually, lip balms are expensive and filled with lots of artificial flavors and chemical substances. This can harm your sensitive lips, when used regularly. This is why we are presenting few DIY lip balms with natural ingredients that can be easily made from home.
Coconut Rose Lip Balm
Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
Sweet Almond Oil – 1 tsp
Beeswax – 2 tsp (melted)
Shea Butter – 2 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Rose Petals (fresh or dried) – as required
- Melt all the ingredients except the rose petals. You can also microwave for 30 seconds to melt it.
- Add rose petals into the mixture before it thickens. If you do not like the petals in the lip balm, you can add them during heating and strain off.
- Transfer into a clean lip balm container.
- Use after it is completely cooled off.
Instead of beeswax, you can use high quality non-toxic crayons like Crayola.
Coconut oil Lip Balm
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Petroleum jelly – 1 tsp
Flavors like rose extract or peppermint oil – 1 tsp (optional),
Edible colors – (optional)
- Mix coconut oil, petroleum jelly, and the flavor oil/extract together in a bowl.
- Heat them and add edible colors if needed. You can also use scraps of lipstick pieces of your choice color.
- Transfer into a clean container when in a melted stage.
- Use it after it gets cooled off. You have to refrigerate it for 2-3 hours.
Honey Lip Balm
Shea butter – 1 tbsp
Honey – 1 tsp
Almond oil – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 1 tsp
Grated Beeswax – 1 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1-2 drops (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients except beeswax together
- Take beeswax and heat in a pan. You can also use microwave for 30 seconds.
- This lip balm can be flavored with chocolate chips, if preferred.
- Now combine the oil mixture, beeswax and melted chocolate together.
- Stir well and transfer to a clean container.
- Refrigerate and let it cool.
All of these diy lip balms can be used for any season, both winter and summer times. They help in relieving chapped lips and retain the moisture in your lips.