Amla juice for Weight Loss
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a nutrition-packed fruit that has numerous benefits. Not only is it good for health, it also benefits your hair. It is often used in most of the Ayurvedic medicines. Amla is loaded with powerful antioxidants and benefits the body system in various means. During scotching summer, Amla is indeed a nature’s gift. Though a little bitter, the nutrients in it are better than any other fruit. Moreover, it is said that eating one Amla a day can be equalized to injecting a drop of blood in our body. Here are some of the benefits of Amla for health.
How to Make Amla Juice
Gooseberry – 2 nos.
Water – 1 cup
Honey – 2 tbsp
Direction to use
- Take fresh amla and cut them into small pieces.
- Take out the seed from it.
- Now put these pieces into a mixer jar and grind it until to get a fine paste.
- Strain this paste using clean cloth and squeeze it well to get a juice from it.
- Now add a cup of water into the juice and add some honey.
- Mix well and drink it.
- To preserve the amla juice, take 1kg of amla and repeat the same process.
- Now store this amla juice in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 days.
- Whenever you want to drink amla juice, take 3/4 cup of water and then add 1/4 cup of amla juice into it.
- Then add some honey according to your taste and drink it.
[Also read : Weight Loss Techniques with Ingredients in Your Kitchen]
Benefits of Amla Juice
- Amla juice is known for balancing the body equilibrium. It contains vitamin C, iron, calcium, prosperous and more nutrients.
- Amla is rich in fiber and thus helps in bowel management and alleviates any constipation troubles.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of Amla help in reducing pains caused by arthritis. You can either have fresh or dried as per your wish.
- Vitamin C is also known for its anti-ageing properties. It also has beneficial nutrients for skin and hair.
- If you are working for weight loss, Amla juice can be a nature’s gift. Since it helps in improving metabolism, it works wonders for weight loss.
- Amla is known to reduce cholesterol levels in the body and thus, increases the overall functioning of heart with its amino acids.
- It is also useful for managing diabetes problems. The more bitter the juice the much better it is for health.
- Amla juice also boosts up your immunity and increases your digestion. The alkaline nature of Amla juice helps in strengthening the digestive system.
- Presence of Polyphenols in Amla helps in fighting agains free radicals and cancer cell development.
- Loaded with rich source of Vitamin C, which is a natural antioxidant. Amla juice when mixed with honey can help in curing sore throat and cold.
- Amla juice can be effective in healing painful mouth ulcers that are caused out of heat. You have to gargle with diluted Amla juice to get rid of mouth ulcers.
- Drinking Amla juice in empty stomach can help in cleansing your entire body.
So, Amla is undeniably a nutrient powerhouse. It contains all the essential minerals and vitamins for the body. You can eat it raw, juiced, powdered, or even dried fruit. You can spice it up with any of your juices, dips, jams, and spreads as well. Keep in mind the amazing benefits of Amla and make sure to add to your routine, whenever possible.