DIY Fenugreek Hair Mask for Dandruff Removal
Everyone desires for a healthy hair. However, our lifestyle, pollution and other external factors can take a toll on one’s hair health, causing it to encounter dryness, itchiness, and hair fall. One of the most common and frustrating hair problem is the dandruff. While there are so many remedies and solutions mentioned for dandruff problem, hydrating hair masks like Fenugreek hair mask can be of great help.
Fenugreek or Methi is a natural ingredient packed with goodness and nutrition. It is great for not only hair, but also, skin, body, digestion and even for heart health. This is why we include fenugreek seeds in many of our regular recipes.
When it comes to hair, fenugreek benefits greatly. As a protein-packed food, it helps fight baldness and hair fall. Fenugreek is also rich in Iron that increases blood circulation and rich in Potassium that prevents against greys. The good source of Nicotinic Acid in Fenugreek encourages hair growth and the presence of Lecithin in it, energizes the hair follicles.
With all such benefits, Fenugreek has a miracle working power on hair and is a great cure for a dry and itchy scalp.
Here is the recipe for dandruff removing Fenugreek hair mask.
DIY Fenugreek and Buttermilk Hair Mask for Dandruff Removal
Fenugreek seed or powder – 4 tbsp
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Direction to use
- Take some fenugreek seeds in a bowl and add some water into it.
- Soak them overnight and grind it well until it become soft.
- But grinding fenugreek seeds is a big task because it is difficult to remove it from blender due to stickiness of the seeds.
- You can also use fenugreek powder instead of seeds to simplify the blending job.
- Now take some buttermilk in a bowl and soak the above mixture for some time.
- Mix them well but they do not form a smooth paste.
- Add some coconut oil into this mixture and mix well.
- Now fenugreek hair mask is ready to use.
- Take small amount of this mask and apply it all over your hair and mainly to your scalp.
- Use hair brush or fingers to apply it and allow it to soak for an hour.
- Now wash your hair using warm water and gently rub your hair using fingers to remove the mask.
- Avoid using shampoos or any cleansing products because it will remove the effect of the hair mask from your hair.
- But you can shampoo your hair after sometime or next day morning.
- It is very difficult to remove all the fenugreek seeds from your hair because it will remains between the hairs.
- For better results apply this mask twice in a week.
[Also Read : Summer Hair Care Routine – Fenugreek Hair Mask]