How to eliminate Foot Odor
After a long wear and tear workday, it is unfortunate to have stinky feet. Whether at home or airport, or work place, most people would have experienced this kind of foul smell coming from their feet. Heck, maybe this stench of sweatiness is not only caused by socks but other reasons as well. Your feet have millions of sweat glands causing so much perspiration underneath. So when you wear your shoes with socks, these sweats get trapped in, causing the fungus and bacteria to grow in the warm, moist environment, producing odor. Many people are prone to this foot odor condition and needs a solution to their smelly problem. Here we have few home remedies that help in eliminating the foot odor problem.
Sugar – 6 tbsp
Water – 5 tbsp
Isopropyl alcohol (91% or above) – 1 tbsp
Direction to use
- Take sugar in a bowl and then add some clean water into it.
- Always use more sugar than water in order to make a thick paste.
- Then mix one tablespoon of isopropyl alcohol into the above mixture.
- Always use isopropyl alcohol and water in the ratio of 1:5.
- Now mix all the above ingredients well to form a fine paste.
- And then apply this mixture on your feet.
- Gently scrub your feet for five to ten minutes to remove bacteria and dead skin cells.
- Wash your feet with cold water.
- Repeat this process at least three times a week.
- For better results before apply the sugar scrub, soak your feet in warm water for about few minutes.
Lavender oil is helps to kill bacteria and so it is can be used as a remedy for foot odor. The lavender oil not only smells good, the anti fungal properties in it help to treat foot odor.
- Take warm water in tub and put few drops of lavender essential oil into it.
- Now soak your feet into this water for about 20 minutes.
- For better results repeat this process twice daily for a few days.
Epsom salt can also used to fight against the microbial infection and foot odor. It helps to minimize the smell coming from your feet.
- Take two teaspoons of Epsom salt and put it into a half bucker of warm water.
- Now soak your feet in this solution for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process twice daily for one week.
- For better results do this process before going to sleep.
Generally baking soda is the best remedy in skin care techniques. It also helps to control the sweat and reduces the bacteria formation. So you can use it as a remedy for foot odor.
- Take two tablespoon of baking soda and mix it into eight cups of warm water.
- Now soak your feet in it for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process for about one week before going to bed.
- Alternatively before wearing your shoes and socks you can sprinkle some baking soda into it.
Black tea helps to reduce the amount of sweating on your feet by closing the pores on your feet. The tannic acids in black tea helps to kill the bacteria that causes foot odor.
- Take two black tea bags and put it into three cups of boiling water.
- Now add this water into half a bucket of normal water.
- Put your feet into this water and soak it for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process daily for about a week.
Generally vinegar helps to treat smelly feet problem. You can use apple cider vinegar for this home remedy. The acids in vinegar create a layer on your feet, in which the bacteria cannot survive for long time and so it prevents foot odor.
- Take one-half cup of vinegar and mix them into to eight cups of hot water.
- Put your feet into this water and allow it to soak for about 15 minutes.
- To remove vinegar smells wash your feet thoroughly with soap.
Alum powder is also an effective remedy for foot odor. The astringent and antiseptic properties in alum help to reduce the growth of bacteria.
- Take one teaspoon of alum powder and mix them into one cup of warm water.
- Wash your feet using the water and then allow your feet to dry for about 15 minutes.
- Now sprinkle some alum powder on your feet.
- Repeat this process once daily.
A word for Care
Wash your feet correctly. A simple shower is not enough. You have to clean your toes and feet well. Use an antibacterial soap. Pay attention between the toes.
Use a foot spray powder in both feet and in your shoes.
Use a cotton socks. Throw off the older ones.