DIY Homemade Pain Balms – All Natural
Pain is an uncomfortable feeling that causes distress, affecting our day-to-day life. Usually, external pains are caused due to hard work, incorrect posture maintenance and even due to aging or several health conditions. Muscular pain, joint pain – especially knee pain and shoulder pain and head ache are very unbearable.
Once we have severe pain, the first thing that you run to, are pain-killers and pain relieving balms. It is universally accepted that internal pain killer pills do more harm than good. Intake of painkiller medicine should be avoided as it damages liver, stomach etc…
So it is better to opt for pain balms for external application. Massaging gently the affected areas using pain balms gives a great relief to most of the people.
Home made pain balms:
Pain balms bought at shops are very strong and it contains chemicals which may cause side effects. We can prepare pain balms at home which are very beneficial as they are
- No side effects
- Very cheap
- Purely herbal
For those natural DIY lovers, why not have homemade pain balms. Here is the recipe to try it out at home.
Extra virgin coconut oil – ¼ cup
Camphor – 10 or 12 balls or 1 table spoon
Grated beeswax – 2 tablespoon (or )1 ounce
Pepper mint essential oil
Arnica essential oil
Clove essential oil
Sterile storage container
How to make?
- Take ¼ cup of extra virgin coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pure grated beeswax.
- Heat both in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until they are fully melted.
- Add 10 to 12 camphor balls to the mixture and microwave for 20 seconds till they dissolve completely.
- Add 9 drops of peppermint, 7 drops of arnica oil and 5 drops of clove oil.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly using a wooden stick. This mixture stubbornly adheres to metal utensils.
- Transfer it to sterile storage container
- Leave it for a few hours at room temperature to cool down,
Now the pure and safe pain balm is ready. Gentle massage the balm especially at night and give a massage using hot water pad in the morning helps us to get rid of the pain completely, besides giving a fresh feel.
Good qualities of the ingredients:
- Extra virgin coconut oil: It has moisturizing effect. It has natural healing property
- Camphor: Camphor has anti-inflammatory properties which help in pain relief and inflammation
- Clove oil: It is analgesic – relaxing sore muscles
- Peppermint oil: it makes our body cool, relieves muscles and gives an internal calm.
- Arnica oil: It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which help in the treatment of sprains, bruises, and pains