What’s special about coconut water?
Not many are aware of the special benefits of about coconut water. You would have probably heard about coconut oil and the plenty of benefits it offers. But here you will learn more about the coconut water and its goodness.
In my childhood, coconut water seems to be a nature’s miracle as I used to wonder how a sweet water gets inside a stony covering of a fruit in a tall-headed tree. One day, when i was saying my thoughts with my grandfather, he told me few lines from an ancient literature called Moothurai (மூதுரை). I felt it is worth sharing with you all. In that poem, a prominent female Tamil poet named Avvaiyar, who lived during the Sangam period (c. 1st and 2nd century CE), says about the goodness of coconut tree. That is,
நன்றி ஒருவற்குச் செய்தக்கா லந்நன்றி
என்று தருங்கொ லெனவேண்டா-நின்று
தளரா வளர்தெங்கு தாளுண்ட நீரைத்
தலையாலே தான்தருத லால்.
The poem means,
A coconut tree is adept in giving back what it got. It gives back the water dawn from the ground in the form of sweet tender coconut water. The poem stresses the importance of paying back for the good deeds that we have received, as the coconut tree does.
Nutrition in coconut water:
You can see that coconut water has very high mineral contents and least fat content.
When it comes to Summer times, the first and for most things that come to our mind is all about refreshing drinks. Coconut water is one of the natural refreshing drinks. More than a refreshing drink, it also has lot and lots of health benefits.
Benefits of Coconut Water:
- Since it is a good source of vitamins and minerals, it boosts up body immunity.
- Enhances energy level considerably and increases blood circulation.
- Anti-fungal and Antibacterial
- It is a best remedy for Dehydration, vomiting, and mild diarrhea.
- It helps in balancing the body water content and so it can be used to alleviate several gastrointestinal issues.
- Improves kidney function and prevents the formation of stones.
- Burns fat faster, so it can be effectively used for weight-loss.
- It also helps in maintaining cholesterol level.
- Intake of tender coconut water regulates blood pressure, blood sugar, and increases heart health.
Tender Coconut can be an amazing natural product that can be consumed by everyone from kids, pregnant women, patients, and also aged people. It is such a great drink to refresh you during hot weathers. But you need to take fresh coconut water immediately after slewing it. As the coconut water used to get contaminated easily once it is opened, drinking preserved or packed coconut water is not preferable option for health.
Keep yourself cool and hydrated this summer with the goodness of tender coconut water.