DIY Homemade Hand Sanitizer
Commercial hand sanitizers are all the rage recently. As they are readily available over-the-counter, it has become more comfortable for everyone to go for it. Moreover, the over-cautious mentality of today’s generation towards sanitation has raised its need. People keep their minds open to cleanliness, but unaware of what cleans and what harms. In their pursuit to sanitization, they end up doing more harm to the health. We are usually unaware of the harm the sanitizer does to our hands. Usually just some running water with soap does the cleansing job well; but when its not available, health specialists prefer an alcohol-based hand sanitizer as the next best thing. However, today, commercial hand sanitizers that are readily available, are loaded with unnecessary, harmful ingredients that cause more harm than good. A homemade hand sanitizer can tackle this problem.
So, what does these commercial hand sanitizers actually do? While alcoholic sanitizers contain ethyl-alcohol, which is an antiseptic ingredient, non-alcoholic sanitizers contain triclosan or triclocarban, an antibiotic compound. In the chase to remove harmful bacteria from hands, it kills off the good bacteria, nevertheless, allowing the growth of anti-biotic resistant bad bacteria. Does this do any good to health? Never. This is why we need to be cautious about commercial products.
It could be a convenience to use hand sanitizer at many situations. In those times, a DIY homemade hand sanitizer that is free of any harmful chemicals can help. There are so many reasons you can try out your own homemade hand sanitizer that is nontoxic and safe to use. Here we are to help.
DIY Homemade Hand Sanitizer
Aloe vera gel – 1 tsp
Vitamin E oil – ½ tsp
Eucalyptus essential oil – 5 drops
Tea tree essential oil – 10 drops
Rosemary essential oil – 5 drops
Clove essential oil – 5 drops
Cinnamon essential oil – 10 drops
Rubbing alcohol – 2 tbsp
Distilled water – 1 cup
Direction to use
- Take a clean bowl and then add some distilled water into it.
- Add two tablespoons of rubbing alcohol and one tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel into it and mix well.
- Now add half a teaspoon of vitamin E oil and ten drops of tea tree oil, cinnamon oil into it.
- Mix five drops of rosemary, eucalyptus oil and clove essential oil into it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and pout this liquid into a clean spray bottle using funnel.
- Your hand sanitizer is ready to use. Shake well before use.
- Take small amount of this homemade sanitizer on your palm and rub it all over your hands.
This DIY homemade hand sanitizer is chemical-free but is still strong enough to vanquish the harmful germs, without damaging the good ones. Try it out and share us in the comments.