Aavaram Poo Tea (Herbal Infusion)
Aavaram Poo (Tamil) is scientifically known as Senna auriculata and commonly as Tanner’s Cassia. There are so many health benefits of Aavaram Poo or Avaram Senna flower. The herbal infusion prepared from Aavaram Poo is recognized as holding so many medicinal and health benefits. Usually the flower is dried and stored for use. You can also use fresh flower for infusion. Aavaram Poo tea is considered a healthy beverage that has medicinal value.
There are so many reasons why Aavaram Poo Tea is taken as a beverage. It is a great alternative for caffeine drinks. If you want to have healthy substitute for your regular tea or coffee habit, this Aavaram Poo tea is a great choice. Today, in this post, let us see how to make Aavaram Poo Tea or Herbal Infusion.
How to make Aavaram Poo Tea
Before starting to make the Aavaram Poo Tea, know how to clean and handle it. Since it is a common flower wildly grown after rainy season, you can get it easily everywhere. Once you collect the flowers, clean it well and remove the leaves. Then, sundry it until it gets crisp. This will help the flowers from getting spoiled when stored in a container.
Fresh Aavaram Poo – a handful or dried Aavaram Poo – 2 tsp.
Palm Candy – 1 tbsp.
Black Pepper Corns – 1 tsp. (optional)
Cardamom Powder – a pinch (optional)
Milk – 1 cup.
- Use a mortar and pestle to coarsely pound the Aavaram Poo, palm candy, and black pepper corns. Also add cardamom powder to it.
- Now boil the milk and put this crushed mixture into it. Let it boil well.
- Switch off the flame and strain the mixture.
Your Aavaram Poo Tea is ready to drink.
A Word for Care.
- The consistency of milk depends on your need.
- Also make sure to clean and dry the flowers well, as it contains so much dust and pests.
- You can consume the tea regularly as it has no side effects.
- The sweetness can be increased or decreased as per your preference.
- Nowadays, Aavaram poo powder is available in the market, so, if needed, make sure to buy authentic and organic powder.
How the Aavaram Poo Tea Benefits Health
- It prevents dehydration in body. It also quenches excessive thirst.
- The cardamom is soothing for the throat and so can be used even during cold, sore throat, and cough.
- It is also good for diabetic patients as it lowers blood sugar. If you are diabetic, avoid using palm candy or sweeteners.
- It acts as a natural laxative for constipation problems.
To know more about Aavaram Poo benefits, check out our previous post.