Foods that Affect Bloated Stomach
There are people regularly suffering from bloated stomach. Not many know that they can actually treat this problem naturally. First of all, it is important to know why stomach bloating occurs and what kind of food causes this problem.
- Mainly dairy products can cause bloated stomach and gas problem. For such people, it is appropriate to consume less dairy products such as milk, yoghurt, cheese. Instead you can use coconut milk, soy milk, or almond milk.
- The nutritional value of broccoli, asparagus and cabbage are many. But they contain raffinose, a kind of sugar, which causes gas. So be careful when indulging in such veggies.
- Beans also has a kind of sugar called oligosaccharide, which is hard for our body to digest. It would be best to soak dry beans before cooking them to get rid some of these sugars.
- Apples & Pears have high soluble fiber content but people with sensitive stomach find it hard to tolerate this fiber. You should eat these fruits in moderation.
- Salty Foods contain sodium, which causes our body to preserve water. It has to be limited in usage.
- Carbonated Beverages contain carbon dioxide that causes bloating.
How to Treat Bloating Naturally
Here we have 10 naturally ingredients that can reduce bloating effectively. The digestive healing benefits of these foods can help you combat Gas, bloating and constipation. Most probably these problems occur due to inadequate good bacteria in gut, poor diet, and even stress.
The medicinal properties of Ginger help in alleviating the symptoms of GI problems. The enzyme calles zingibain present in ginger helps in digesting protein in food. This is beneficial for getting rid of gas problems and reducing stomach bloating.
Fennel seeds can be used for reducing intestinal gas and stomach bloating. These combat the antispasmodic agents in your intestine and relax the GI tract. It stimulates bile flow and thus reduces digestive pains.
Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
These cumin seeds prevents in gastric formation by removing excess gas by its carminative properties. They also promote good bacterial growth within the gut, which is beneficial for flat stomach.
Pineapple is similar to ginger in its properties of digesting protein. It improves digestion as well as minimizes the chances of gas formation and bloating. Besides, pineapple has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties that reduce stomach bloating.
Lemon or Apple Cider Vinegar
Stomach bloating can also be combated with lemon or apple cider vinegar. These simple home ingredients can stimulate digestive juices in your body and help digesting nutrients effectively. You can drink diluted apple cider vinegar or lemon for getting the benefits. Dilute 1 to 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar or half a lemon to 1 cup of water.
Raw parsley has been always used for fresh breath, but it could also be used for improving digestion. The natural diuretic properties in parsley help in reducing gas problems and bloating. Also, it gets rid of excess salt accumulation in body.
Peppermint tea is great for smoothing gastrointestinal tract muscles. It has relaxing agents that is effective for irritable bowels.
Papaya is effective in reducing stomach bloating. An enzyme called papain present in papaya digests food protein. it also helps in fighting gas and bloating in stomach. The papaya fruit is great for killing intestinal worms and parasites which cause stomach bloating.