Benefits of Prunes Juice
Prune juice was usually given for elderly people. But there are so many health benefits to not limit its usage. This think fruit helps treat various body problems. it contains all of the benefits of the dried plums. Just a cup of prunes juice can give you enough vitamins and minerals. Not only is it benefit for nutritional value but also has other compounds that shoot up the reason to drink it. We shall know more about the benefits of prunes juice and how you can make it.
Benefits of Prunes Juice
- Prunes are an excellent digestive problem remedy. The yummy juice of prunes, when added to your diet keeps you healthy and less bloated.
- Prunes juice has high natural sugar content. Try to get organic, sugar free prunes juice in stores.
- Prune juice also has the ability to fight constipation in elderly people. It acts as a natural laxative that can be added to your diet.
- Prunes juice has significant part in curing colon cancer cells. It is one of the natural cancer treatments to save your colon.
- Prunes are rich in antioxidants, and have the ability to prevent many coronary heart diseases. The presence of Phenolic compounds in dried plums inhibits the oxidation of LDL or bad cholesterol and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. The potassium in prunes juice also benefits long-term heart health.
- Dried plums are known to lower cholesterol. The soluble fiber in prune products helps the body to digest and absorb fat as well as cholesterol.
- Prunes also help to fight free radicals and prevent chemicals in processed food from damaging the body.
- Most of the plum products contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which are important carotenoids for the eyes health. These antioxidants prevent early macular degeneration.
- Prunes juice and plum products protects against liver diseases.
- Prunes are also good for bones. It is particularly beneficial for postmenopausal bone health. , it prevents the process of “bone turnover” in the body and reverses bone loss. It does this by changing body metabolism and increasing bone antioxidant activity.
How to make Prunes Juice
Dried prunes – 1 cup
Water – 5 cups
Pear juice – 1 cup (optional)
- Remove pits from the prunes and soak them overnight in 5 cups of hot boiled water. Leave it for around 12-24 hours.
- Now blend together the prunes and the soaked water until you get a smooth consistency.
- Use a sieve to drain the mixture into a container to get rid of any solid pieces of prunes left over.
- Now add a cup of pear juice to this mixture. This is completely optional and helps to sweeten the prunes juice.
- If the mixture is too thick, you can add some of the remaining boiled water to fill it.
This homemade prune juice can be stored in refrigerator for up to one week. You get around 1 liter of prunes juice through this method.
A Word for Care
- If you are a continuous smoker, avoid prunes.
- Also prunes juice should not be take while experiencing diarrhea.