Reap the Benefits of Barley Water for Weight Loss
Losing weight is not an easy task. Many people try very hard methods that will help them lose weight but does not succeed. It takes the right method to get it happen. First of all you need to know your body and know what could be the right thing that can be done to your body. Know your lifestyle, eating habits and body metabolism – this will help a lot. Going for unhealthy, over exercising methods and hard dieting practices can really harm your health more than benefiting weight loss. You have to choose natural ways in which you can benefit. Nature is always the best as it has everything we need. Barley is a whole grain that has high amounts of fibre content. It is low in calories and the water made from this Barley will help you get into proper health. Mainly because it is loaded with fibre, you get your appetite satiated. The water derived from Barley has lot many health benefits. Here is a simple way in which the benefits of barley can be derived by making barley water for weight loss.
Barley water is a very common traditional drink in Asian countries that was forgotten in the modern days. There are traditionally so many people using this barley water for various purposes. From the weight loss part, Barley water is one amazing health drink that helps in diluting the stubborn fat in your body. If you are a one who is finding hard to battle with the stubborn fat in your body then barley water is your best bet.
The health benefits of Barley are versatile and including it in your diet make you really healthy. The presence of Vitamin B complex, manganese, iron, calcium, dietary fibre, and amino acids in Barley helps in providing a balanced and nutritional food for your body. Barley also helps in smoothing your bowel management and thus cleanses your digestive system. Also this cleansing helps to detoxify your body system. Barley water contains lots of fibre and consuming fibre helps you keep yourself fuller for a long time.
Barley water is a healthy drink that helps in many ways to alleviates various health problems. If you want to shape your body, then drinking this barley water regularly can keep you fit. You can also add barley water for use in salads, stews, and while steaming vegetables.
How to make Barley Water
Organic Barley – 1 cup
Water – 4 cups
Lemon – as required
Honey – as required
- Take the one cup of organic barley and wash it off in running water
- Add some water and let it soak for more than 4 hours.
- Then now strain the soaked barley mixture.
- Add the cup of soaked and strained barley into four cups of water.
- Let it boil in a open pan for 20-25 minutes.
- When the barley water reduces by one-third of its volume, switch off the stove.
- Let the barley water cool. All the grains will be softened now. Strain it and get the barley water ready.
- You can also enhance the taste of the barley water by adding little lemon juice and honey into it.
- This barley water is very good for health. You can drink up to four cups of barley water daily.
- The calorie count in barley water is much low when compared to other health drinks. It has 600 to 700 calorie approximately for a cup of 200 grams of Barley. Barley water has very less fat and the calorie counters is contributed by carbohydrates.
- Drinking barley water regularly aids in weight loss through proper cleansing of body and detoxification. You will have noticeable results as it helps in flushing out the toxins from the body and thus aids in weight loss.
Other health benefits of drinking barley water regularly includes detoxification and boosting of immune system.
- Barley water can help in treating UTI (urinary tract infections) by efficient cleansing of the urinary system and flushing out the toxins.
- It supports weight loss and digestion by simulating the body metabolism.
- Drinking barley water also lowers cholesterol and blood pressure because of the high insoluble fibre in it.
- It is also good for diabetes patients because of its low calorie numbers.